Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did someone get 6.1 in the past week or is HK still on hold for the upgrade?

I got 6.1 last Tuesday in their shop, they reluctantly gave me that due to an firmware upgrading issue to latest 6.0, it's so far so good. The reversing guiding lines aren't very useful to me (it's just me, I prefer side mirrors) and anti-collision warning (set to medium) could be annoying at times.

I'm unable to do it till this afternoon, any reports on interesting additions? Is there navigation?

Several nice additions in v6.1 (2.2.140). Just google and you will find the complete list.
Love the TACC.
Though, no navigation for us in this update.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing very excited for ver 2.2.114, have yet to get 2.2.140, just heard from FB group that a few have failed to upgrade need to call service! I'm hesitating, don't want to brick the car on a Friday!

Although the main display (the large one) showed an "update succeeded", I got a warning message on the instrument console (the display in-front of the steering wheel) with a yellow triangle "software update required, contact service center".
I rebooted the main display (simultaneously push both rollers on the steering wheel
for a couple of seconds until the display goes dark), and afterwards the instrument console (simultaneously push both buttons above the rollers on the steering wheel for a couple of seconds until the display goes dark).
The warning message disappeared.

Seeing lots of reports of "Software Update Required", "Contact Tesla Service", after this update. If you see that message, the recommendation is to just wait a few hours to see if it clears itself. If not, you can try an instrument panel reboot (hold down top left and right buttons on the steering wheel).

Great update. It seems all RHD cars were pushed the 2.2.140 version today. Only briefly tried TACC, works really well but a bit nerve wracking. Had my foot hovering above the brake the whole time. Guide lines work well too. Of course we don't get snow, but it might be an issue in snow. I et that they want to keep it unobtrusive. But perhaps yellow or something would be better.

I also had software update required on the speedo but did a reboot and it worked. Later, after driving for an hour, my main screen went blank twice and I had to do reboots both times. I'll report it if it happens again.

The functions are great. I love the TAAC! It works really well and evan gave me a collision warning at one point, when a truck did an adventurous merge. Voice controls now work,maybe 50% of the time, but that's better than not working, as before.

Last edited:
I also had software update required on the speedo but did a reboot and it worked. Later, after driving for an hour, my main screen went blank twice and I had to do reboots both times. I'll report it if it happens again.

The functions are great. I love the TAAC! It works really well and evan gave me a collision warning at one point, when a truck did an adventurous merge. Voice controls now work,maybe 50% of the time, but that's better than not working, as before.

Any voice commands for controlling the car, or is it still only to place calls and play music?

I am really looking forward to when I can control everything in the car by voice, so I don't have to take my eyes off the road.

I wondered how the reversing lines (white in all the pictures I've seen) cope against a light area behind the car.

Found out today: they change to black colour (presumably when the car detects insufficient contrast). Neat.

Wonder if what other cars/brands on the road are having on-board navigation approved by TD?

I don't know where this rumour started, but TD should have nothing to do with approving navigation.

The appropriate legislation is CAP374A Road Traffic (Construction and Maintenance of Vehicles) Regulations: http://www.legislation.gov.hk/blis_pdf.nsf/4f0db701c6c25d4a4825755c00352e35/EA1DE62EB87E5C3D482575EE00771BD5/$FILE/CAP_374A_e_b5.pdf

Regulation 37, permits the display of (c) information about the current location of the vehicle, and (d) any other information which is only for the purpose of navigating the vehicle.

It is black and white, clear. Navigation systems are permitted on in-car displays in Hong Kong. Web browsers are not.