TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

6 charging stations to be opened in Middelburg, NL

Discussion in 'Europe' started by widodh, Jun 21, 2011.

1. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

#1 widodh, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
    My colleague and me have been "lobbying" and it worked, in September our city, Middelburg is going to install 6 charging stations throughout the city.

The stations will be placed by E-Laad and all will have the IEC 62192-2-2 connector (Type 2 / Mennekes) and will be able to charge 2 cars simultaneous.

So, the stations are 3x16A (11kW!), but since the Roadster only supports single phase charging you'll be limited to 16A (3.6kW).

Nevertheless, great news!

EDIT: Also found the english specs of the stations: ICU Twin - Technical information - ICU

2. Nik

Nik Dreaming no more :-(

Good work!

3. Talkredius

Talkredius Member

yes indeed, will there be any official opening ?
    I would come if I get the right adapter for charging.

4. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

I'm not sure, but if they will, I'll let you know.

We also have two 32A charging stations (private) in the city, you can use them if you want to.

The chargers the city is placing will be around the city center so you can park you car and go shopping or get some breakfast/lunch/diner/drinks.