TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

60 kWh owners - How fast does your car supercharge?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Rifleman, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

I have noticed that my 60 will supercharge at about 175 miles/hour when it is below 50%, and between 50% and 90% it slows down to about 150 mph. 90%-100% takes an additional hour.

Strange as it sounds, I have never plugged my wife's 60 into a supercharger to see how fast it charges (I really should road trip in it sometime)

What sort of speeds are other 60 owners seeing when they supercharge?

2. DonD

DonD Member

The fastest rate I have observed was 304 miles/hour (321V, 306A) with 38 miles of rated range on the battery.

3. Jeff N

Jeff N Active Member

What is the highest amperage anyone has ever seen while charging an S60?

Highest rate in kW?

4. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

Highest rate I can recall based on reports here on the forum is 112 kW.

Check the battery wiki.

• Helpful x 1
  5. gekkota

gekkota Member

I have seen 112kW on my December 2013 MS60. It always starts in around 110-113kW when beginning a supercharge below 10%.

[​IMG]

• Informative x 2
  6. markb1

markb1 Active Member

It's best to look at power (kilowatts) when comparing supercharging rates. MPH is an average over the entire charging session, plus Tesla seems to change their calculation for rated miles, sometimes. And current (amps) doesn't give the complete picture either, since it doesn't account for volts.

Last time I supercharged (which was a while ago), the max rate for 60s seems to be about 105 kW. I guess they upped it, as some point?