Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

670hp Model 3? Possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It didn’t have it in there when I checked before. That was a little more than a year ago though. They have probably updated since then.
It's been in Geico policies since before 2010. The example policies above are from 2008 and 2011. I'm somehow wondering if NC doesn't have it, but if that's true, I'd expect that would be a state law preventing it somehow, so that would be true of all policies in the state. In which case I'd expect insurance for any track focused cars to be very, very high ;)

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
It's been in Geico policies since before 2010. The example policies above are from 2008 and 2011. I'm somehow wondering if NC doesn't have it, but if that's true, I'd expect that would be a state law preventing it somehow, so that would be true of all policies in the state. In which case I'd expect insurance for any track focused cars to be very, very high ;)
I went back and checked my contract and it doesn’t have the term “Speed”, “Track”, “Race”, or “Racing” anywhere in it.

It had exclusions for everything else you could think of but not for tracks or racing. It must be a state law I guess?

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
It had exclusions for everything else you could think of but not for tracks or racing. It must be a state law I guess?
Weird. It's not a state law. Here's a NC policy by Allstate that excludes it:

And here's a discussion of a NC policy with another racing exclusion:

I have no idea why Geico would cover racing in NC while it's not covered in other states....

Weird. It's not a state law. Here's a NC policy by Allstate that excludes it:

And here's a discussion of a NC policy with another racing exclusion:

I have no idea why Geico would cover racing in NC while it's not covered in other states....
It really just depends on the wording in the contract you sign. Even in your examples they talked about how the wording varied. Some policies limit track use. Some limit even “practicing” for racing. Others limit “speeding” scenarios. Then others don’t limit any of it.

Know your policy is the best advice I can give.