Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

70.6Kw/H from a 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just did a day trip to see some ice bergs ( had a great day) started the day at 99% drove on secondary roads ( 80km limits) after 357.9km at 188wh/km ( very close to EPA rated of 185) I had 4% remaining and 67.1Kw/h used. That would mean 100% would be 70.63 Kw/h usable .... a ways away from the 81.8 it should have new . I have 62000km (40000 miles) on a 2016 90D that I have owned for two years, maybe 12 supercharges in that time ( I live 1700km from the nearest supercharger)
When I charged overnight ( back to 100% to balance the pack) it stopped charging at 95%. outside temp was 16c - 20c ( 67f - 72f)

Is 70.63 normal for this age ( battery is an "A" pack)

Thanks, Mike

Yeah... that's pretty normal.

Pedant mode on:

kW/h is kW.... that's POWER. You mean kW-h or kW for a hour (kW)(h)..... or simply 'kWh' which is ENERGY.

1 kW = 1.34 HP
33.7 kWh = 1 Gallon of Gasoline

Pedant mode off:

I have a 90Kwh battery that came with 81.8kwh of usable capacity ..... now it looks like it only has 70.6kwh of usable capacity . 11.2 Kwh seem to be lost over the last 3 years, that is what I want to see if it is normal or a bit extreme

I have a 90Kwh battery that came with 81.8kwh of usable capacity ..... now it looks like it only has 70.6kwh of usable capacity . 11.2 Kwh seem to be lost over the last 3 years, that is what I want to see if it is normal or a bit extreme

I have a 2012 P85. It's been a while since I've cycled a large percentage of my pack but I recall the max I've seen since last charge being ~60kWh? There are a lot of variables that go into the energy available in a battery. I think that was a major driver in Tesla shifting away from ID'ing their cars by the pack size and going to LR and SR.

I have a 2012 P85. It's been a while since I've cycled a large percentage of my pack but I recall the max I've seen since last charge being ~60kWh? There are a lot of variables that go into the energy available in a battery. I think that was a major driver in Tesla shifting away from ID'ing their cars by the pack size and going to LR and SR.

You started with about 77.5 and now down to 60 (was that 100%?) 17.5 kwh in 5 years