Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

70amp main breaker - what can I install?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea, but that alone cost an extra $500 :(.

I was going to make an informed, but useless AND annoying post that in fact it would be $550, (to be followed by not one, but TWO :( )

...but being the sort of person I am, I first checked and was surprised to see the wall connector is now a mere $495 (and is still the 24ft cord)

am I right? Did it just drop by $55 ? That seems so unlike Tesla

I was going to make an informed, but useless AND annoying post that in fact it would be $550, (to be followed by not one, but TWO :( )

...but being the sort of person I am, I first checked and was surprised to see the wall connector is now a mere $495 (and is still the 24ft cord)

Here is my $.02. Just add the price of the Gen 3 HPWC, the upgrade to your main electrical panel, and the 100 amp sub panel to your garage to the price of the vehicle. Here in NJ there is no sales tax on EV's and toll discounts. PSE&G also offers up to a $1500 rebate,
Looking at a similarly priced ICE vehicle, a Mercedes Benz E450 sedan is $63800.00 and a panoramic roof is another $1k plus 7% NJ sales tax adds $4536.00
The Tesla and the associated necessary charging hardware is a better buy in my opinion.
The charging hardware is only necessary for the first EV.
I'm sure in the next three years an EV will be far ahead of what is on the market today.
No more oil changes, no more visits to gas stations, no more timing belt replacements, spark plugs, transmission flushes, and on and on.
Leaving a garage each morning with a full charge that occurred overnight is one big plus.

Reactions: theocguy

Yes, the price was reduced in the last week or two.

Hmmmmm I might take the plunge.

I got my HPWC because they weren't available, then they suddenly were and right after I got it they changed to he 24ft cord 🤬

That was ok at first because I was backing up to it, but then I changed to park facing towards it and 18ft is just enough

The only thing holding me back is that we might get another EV, but this time a Hyundai and I have to figure out how I can set up charging for both vehicles - given that I downrated my HPWC to 30A after doing a Load Calculation

Hmmmmm I might take the plunge.

I got my HPWC because they weren't available, then they suddenly were and right after I got it they changed to he 24ft cord 🤬

That was ok at first because I was backing up to it, but then I changed to park facing towards it and 18ft is just enough

The only thing holding me back is that we might get another EV, but this time a Hyundai and I have to figure out how I can set up charging for both vehicles - given that I downrated my HPWC to 30A after doing a Load Calculation
It’s out of stock now but supposed to be in stock soon, but for 350 you wouldn’t need to reinstall a wall connector.