Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75D vs 85D vs 90D CPO - Real World Range Differences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given that the 3 models listed above are now very close in price on the used market (2015/2016 model year with 35k miles or less), is there any benefit in going with one model over another when it comes to range and battery health? I've read a bit about some of the first 2015 90 battery packs, and that they degraded quite a bit when compared to the 85.

Since many of the cars i'm interested in are now 3-4 years old, i'm curious if the real world range benefit will be significantly different due to the initial degradation which occurs.

75 and 85 are Very close because the 85 only has 77kwh available, with degradation it's really similar to a new 75. 90 has noticeble more range but the early ones have some more degradation. Keep in mind that the 75 has 350v VS 400v for 85 and 90. The supercharger speedcurve is also different on all models.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
The higher capacity batteries charge faster than the 75 for the same miles is 200 mile charge on an 85 or 90 will be faster than on a 75...something to think about - which is what the previous poster was commenting about in "speed curve"

Or so I understand.
Dzm