Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.0 Audio Quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am pretty sure, verified by a close friend with lots of time spent in my car that the sound quality is MUCH improved over 7.1. It seems the Dolby has been refined. The sound seemes much clearer too me. Anyone second this? I have the upgraded sound system btw...

I am pretty sure, verified by a close friend with lots of time spent in my car that the sound quality is MUCH improved over 7.1. It seems the Dolby has been refined. The sound seemes much clearer too me. Anyone second this? I have the upgraded sound system btw...

Yes I second. I posted same in the 8.0 thread. Unlike@mblakele I did notice significant improvement between last dot release on 7.1 and 8.0. And yes I also noticed improvement as noted between earlier 7.1 releases and the last 2. I mostly listen to Slacker vs use a USB, so maybe that's why others didn't notice much difference with this release. Maybe there is some difference in the coding now used for Slacker now that wouldn't be relevant if you were using a USB.

• Informative
Reactions: ldgrmnmc
Before Ver8 there was a selector for "best" audio quality on the slacker app sign in screen. I haven't seen it yet in Ver8 but am possibly suspecting that it is defaulted to "best" now. Sometimes when I would check in Ver 7.1 and earlier it would reset itself to the lower audio quality and I would have to log-out, log-in with "best" selected

Before Ver8 there was a selector for "best" audio quality on the slacker app sign in screen. I haven't seen it yet in Ver8 but am possibly suspecting that it is defaulted to "best" now. Sometimes when I would check in Ver 7.1 and earlier it would reset itself to the lower audio quality and I would have to log-out, log-in with "best" selected
Buzz kill, literally. LOL