Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8 alerts showing at the same time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my first Tesla ~ Model Y LR 29th, June, 2022. Several alerts showed yesterday and I have reported it to the service centers when it happened the first time on 13, July. The mobile service is coming 27, July.

Anyone has experienced such issue? Any feedback/solutions would be much appreciated.

IMG_3312.jpeg

IMG_3311.jpeg

Now I found this:

I have a similar problem:

It is triggered consistently by drive at 74mph or faster, TACC use doesn't matter. I have stock summer tires on my MYP. Service Center had it yesterday and thought they fixed it after tweaking steering wheel alignment and closed the ticket but of course on the way home I took on the highway and it happened again. I rebooked an appointment but it's not for 2 weeks. Tesla Customer Service... we'll see how it goes.

If your SC fixes this, please share with us so we can guide our local SC better.

I have a similar problem:

It is triggered consistently by drive at 74mph or faster, TACC use doesn't matter. I have stock summer tires on my MYP. Service Center had it yesterday and thought they fixed it after tweaking steering wheel alignment and closed the ticket but of course on the way home I took on the highway and it happened again. I rebooked an appointment but it's not for 2 weeks. Tesla Customer Service... we'll see how it goes.

If your SC fixes this, please share with us so we can guide our local SC better.

I rarely drive above 70 mph. I saw these messages when the car was in parking mode yesterday. The first time with these alerts was also in parking mode.

Reactions: GadgetGary
ive been dealing with this issue for over a year. brought it to service 2 times, couldnt find a fault. brought it again a third time and they kept it for 2 weeks last year. they replaced the whole computer/screen. seemed to do the trick for about a year. now its happening again. it happens when it is hot outside for me, above 95 degrees it seems. i have another service appt next week.. ive checked under the passenger seat. the wires are not pinched and are connected. very frustrating.

Reactions: GadgetGary
The root cause might be 12V system related. Has Tesla Service checked the 12V chassis ground connection? (I believe the chassis ground connection on the Model Y is located on the right side of the frame in the area underneath the frunk storage bin.)

Reactions: NanaimoMY
Yesterday the mobile service messaged me that "automatic emergency braking" and "autopilot" are the result of a known firmware bug, and will be resolved with a future OTA update.

Before the mobile service (scheduled 27th, July) I am going to try "power off" (CONTROL-SAFETY-POWER OFF~ wait 2 minutes) and see how it goes.

ive been dealing with this issue for over a year. brought it to service 2 times, couldnt find a fault. brought it again a third time and they kept it for 2 weeks last year. they replaced the whole computer/screen. seemed to do the trick for about a year. now its happening again. it happens when it is hot outside for me, above 95 degrees it seems. i have another service appt next week.. ive checked under the passenger seat. the wires are not pinched and are connected. very frustrating.

it happens when it is hot outside for me, above 95 degrees it seems.

~~~~

Indeed! My model Y is parked outside with Cabin overheat protection and I often used it after 4 pm with the temperature of 37-40 Celsius.

On the first trip the car always lost drag, tractions, FSD, auto-xxx, ooo, HOLD, ... disabled, etc. However, on the 2nd trip back home (around 7pm), everything is back to normal.

Last edited:
Just came back from the service center for mine. Because its been over 7 days, the log is no longer avail… (i made appt right away). He said next time it happens, just go to the service center without appt and explain whats happening. Unless its currently happening, its a waste of time bringing it in as they have to see it or re-create it.

Reactions: NanaimoMY
Just came back from the service center for mine. Because its been over 7 days, the log is no longer avail… (i made appt right away). He said next time it happens, just go to the service center without appt and explain whats happening. Unless its currently happening, its a waste of time bringing it in as they have to see it or re-create it.

Thanks for your info. Any new findings?

I live in Nanaimo in Vancouver Island where there is no SC yet. I will need to take ferries (booking tickets likely 7 days earlier) to get to the nearest SC (Richmond, Vancouver).

What I can do currently is to take screenshots and report it to the Tesla Service in the app.

No, last time it happened was 3 weeks ago. I also took screenshots and video. Did that last year too, didnt help them too much as they need to see it in action. There should be a record of the state of things when errors occur, but that isnt saved long if at all.
Good luck, let us know if they find anything.

No, last time it happened was 3 weeks ago. I also took screenshots and video. Did that last year too, didnt help them too much as they need to see it in action. There should be a record of the state of things when errors occur, but that isnt saved long if at all.
Good luck, let us know if they find anything.

ok. Thanks. My mobile service is scheduled tomorrow. Probably they will see it and hopefully get some data back. will report later.

Mobile service (27, July) ~ Updated: The mobile service was very helpful. much appreciated.

For alert "Front passenger safety restraint system fault", he installed a filter kit (Occupant Classification System (OCS) Filter Module) in the front passenger seat bottom and asked me to monitor, and reschedule if concern persists. According to the invoice:

OCS: SERVICE KIT - OCSREWORK(1479982-00-C)

For other alerts, he replied that some are "known firmware bug that is currently under investigation, and will be resolved with a future over the air update.

When the mobile service arrived, all the alerts were present when I turned to "D" mode. He checked them one by one and then replaced the module above.

After the mobile service left, I soft reboot the OS, everything is back to normal without any alert. I drove more than 42 km (2 trips), all normal.

Overall, I am very happy with the mobile service.