Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8-K coming on Monday?

Will we see an 8-K from Tesla on Monday?

• Yes

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • No

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Greater than 50% chance

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Less than 50% chance

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Yes and all it will say is, "Considering taking Tesla Private, FUNDING SECURED."

Votes: 21 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The board doen't have the details yet so I highly doubt it. Every person that comes out and says they want to buy the company doesn't file an 8k as far as I understand. Only serious offers. Once the board has heard Elon's full offer they will file.

Someone had mentioned that there might be a different form to just record the fact that an offer was made in general.

no, 8k can come only after board meeting. They can make more "attempts" and are free to keep information private until the situation will ask for 8-K form.
Perfect example is Solar City acquisition.
First letter from Tesla to Solar in june, 8-K form in august, acquisition in november. Musk started to mull publicly this idea since 2015, and has started talking that things are arranged in june.
Since Musk is an engineer by experience and is big fan of iterative design I can predict he is going to half these times.
But whatever times that will be it is still not 4 days from the "first twit". He is not that fast.

No one wants to be in the news (especially when there are billions at stake and short sellers resorting to unethical/illegal tactics). The potential buyers will wait until the very last moment to reveal themselves. Any 8-K will be short (LOL) on details. ;)

8k only needs to be filed upon a material definitive agreement with Tesla the company. And keep in mind, any agreement to fund a go private is an agreement among investors, not with the company yet --- that is a ways off.

More likely there will be a filing by buyer group first on sch 13d or under rule 13e-3 before an 8k. Although there might be a voluntary 8k. Would be funny if they just did a voluntary 8k to announce massive production and delivery numbers for model 3.

More likely there will be a filing by buyer group first on sch 13d or under rule 13e-3 before an 8k. Although there might be a voluntary 8k. Would be funny if they just did a voluntary 8k to announce massive production and delivery numbers for model 3.

Hahaha... trolling shorts with voluntary SEC filings, I love it ;)

Next up: Tesla commissions someone with an electron microscope to create the world's tiniest violin; gives it to Chanos. ;)

I like the idea of an 8-k that mentions "Sustained M3 production at 5,800 per week, and by the way, funding for the delisting at $420 is secured, but we are thinking of raising the price and are being courted by multiple potential backers."
I see an equally cagey response being possible. Like: The board will be obtaining counsultation on a take private proposal. It has yet to fully evaluate any offers or funding sources. We are taking advisement from council and will be meeting with bankers this week to investigate this proposal.

Reactions: bhzmark
Here's a link to the 8-K. SEC Filing | Tesla, Inc.

In it they just referenced the press release of the formation of a 3 person special committee of the board to review the going private proposal.

Excert:
"The special committee has not yet received a formal proposal from Mr. Musk regarding any Going Private Transaction nor has it reached any conclusion as to the advisability or feasibility of such a transaction."

Reads similar to my post above.

Reactions: bhzmark and bdy0627