Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8 weeks since ordering and not even in production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if anyone had any insight on how Tesla determines when cars actually go into production. I ordered my Model X on September 4, and it's been exactly 8 weeks now and I still get "scheduled for production."

I live in Michigan.

I follow the Order/Delivery Excel spreadsheet, and there are some who have placed their orders after mine, live in the US (FL, TX, NJ) who have Model X in production and have delivery dates. The average number of days from order confirmation to delivery is 63 days. I'm on day 56 and it's not even in production.

My DS (I've now had 3, not sure why. The first hardly never replied to my emails. The second was a supervisor, and then I got bumped to another guy who actually replies to my emails), told me that it's "scheduled to leave the factory in early November" with delivery by "the end of November".

I get the whole Model 3 push. I get the whole end of Q3 (which has passed) push. I get that those who live in CA get their cars produced and delivered sooner. I get there are others like me in the same boat.

Watch...now that I posted this, tomorrow it'll go into production. That's the whole point of this post.

I was wondering if anyone had any insight on how Tesla determines when cars actually go into production. I ordered my Model X on September 4, and it's been exactly 8 weeks now and I still get "scheduled for production."

I live in Michigan.

I follow the Order/Delivery Excel spreadsheet, and there are some who have placed their orders after mine, live in the US (FL, TX, NJ) who have Model X in production and have delivery dates. The average number of days from order confirmation to delivery is 63 days. I'm on day 56 and it's not even in production.

My DS (I've now had 3, not sure why. The first hardly never replied to my emails. The second was a supervisor, and then I got bumped to another guy who actually replies to my emails), told me that it's "scheduled to leave the factory in early November" with delivery by "the end of November".

I get the whole Model 3 push. I get the whole end of Q3 (which has passed) push. I get that those who live in CA get their cars produced and delivered sooner. I get there are others like me in the same boat.

Watch...now that I posted this, tomorrow it'll go into production. That's the whole point of this post.

Michigan is one of the States where Tesla is not allowed to sell or service product. I wonder if that impacts the delivery schedule? Are you getting a home delivery, or do you have to travel to Ohio somewhere?

I knew it. Glad the post worked.
upload_2018-10-31_17-6-54.png