Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

80% to 100% how long

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be very interested in anyone's data on how long a lower rated supercharger takes to get a battery from 20 30 40 50 60 up to 80%. Just in case I need a belt to get away on a long trip.

The local SC is 125kW but there is a 300kW 3rd party one coming that might 150W per stall.

I am fairly certain a 125kW stall should do everything half as quickly until the ramp down, but I can't recall exactly where that starts.

Reactions: MichaelSte2022
I would be very interested in anyone's data on how long a lower rated supercharger takes to get a battery from 20 30 40 50 60 up to 80%. Just in case I need a belt to get away on a long trip.

The local SC is 125kW but there is a 300kW 3rd party one coming that might 150W per stall.

I am fairly certain a 125kW stall should do everything half as quickly until the ramp down, but I can't recall exactly where that starts.
Hey Qtown Taxi Greg man. I have a 75D battery. Is that OK for numbers? If yes I'll gladly run a stopwatch for you!

I doubt there's too much difference between pre LFP chemistries.
There’s quite a bit of difference. Earlier Model S and X cars don’t have onboard conductors / bus bars / etc to support the higher charge speeds. There has also been significant changes over the years as far as taper curves and chemistry goes.

There also tons of data out there showing what you’re looking for for pretty much any battery pack. Your assumption is correct - the curve/taper is exactly the same, but if the charging station can’t provide max power the car requests then that’s the logical limit.