Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$9.99 DIY Windshield Repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I'd share this to the community as I think windshield damage is fairly high on the annoyance as well as cost list. Long story short, the spring on my windshield wiper arm popped out while I was changing wipers about 6 months ago. Fortunately still structurally sound as it didn't spread over 6 months.

On a whim I decided to contact a few windshield repair companies, and all of them told me that the crack is too close to the edge and that because the area isn't accessible from behind, they can't "heat" the windshield. They advised insurance claim which is a $500 deductible.

After my yelp search, the phone started flashing me amazon ads for windshield repair kits. Since I was bored, I clicked over to Amazon, checked out some videos, and ordered one on a whim. A minute after amazon delivered it to my office, I decided to walk to the parking lot to play with this "kit"

20 minutes later.... to my astonishment, the windshield was fixed and crack 99% gone. Check out the pics :)

Super long post for a windshield repair, it actually works. =X
267606.jpg
267608.jpg
267609.jpg

Thought I'd share this to the community as I think windshield damage is fairly high on the annoyance as well as cost list. Long story short, the spring on my windshield wiper arm popped out while I was changing wipers about 6 months ago. Fortunately still structurally sound as it didn't spread over 6 months.

On a whim I decided to contact a few windshield repair companies, and all of them told me that the crack is too close to the edge and that because the area isn't accessible from behind, they can't "heat" the windshield. They advised insurance claim which is a $500 deductible.

After my yelp search, the phone started flashing me amazon ads for windshield repair kits. Since I was bored, I clicked over to Amazon, checked out some videos, and ordered one on a whim. A minute after amazon delivered it to my office, I decided to walk to the parking lot to play with this "kit"

20 minutes later.... to my astonishment, the windshield was fixed and crack 99% gone. Check out the pics :)

Super long post for a windshield repair, it actually works. =X
View attachment 419142 View attachment 419143 View attachment 419144
link to kit??

I don't see the one I bought on Amazon anymore so it might be out of stock. From what I read the resin used is temperature dependent, and I left the suction on for a good half an hour (mostly because I forgot about it). It worked decently but the main reason I did a diy was because no windshield place wanted to touch it due to the crack being next to the vin number.