Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

9 days old and got rear ended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

03DSG

Apr 5, 2016
Ontario
First road trip in the 3. Up near Wasaga overnight at friends planning a trip on the Harley’s down to the Smokey mountains this week. On the way back stopped at a red light in Barrie. Light turned green and ‘bang’ from behind. Minor but really???

Just the bumper cover. Bottom pic has licence plate imprint. Sensor still works. Go figure, her car just has a bent front plate......Filed a collision report with the OPP and an insurance claim.

Pictures here:

https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/9-days-old-and-and-got-rear-ended.7310/

@03DSG

Oh man, really sorry to hear that. I have a personal dread of that happening to me. A friend of mine with a Model 3 was left a note on his windshield in his work parking lot warning him that his brake lights were not functioning. His guess was that someone nearly rear ended him because of the Model 3's strong regen (with no brake lights activation).

I know that this wasn't your case. Just that your post brought that thought up for me.

Reactions: 03DSG
First road trip in the 3. Up near Wasaga overnight at friends planning a trip on the Harley’s down to the Smokey mountains this week. On the way back stopped at a red light in Barrie. Light turned green and ‘bang’ from behind. Minor but really???

Just the bumper cover. Bottom pic has licence plate imprint. Sensor still works. Go figure, her car just has a bent front plate......Filed a collision report with the OPP and an insurance claim.

Pictures here:

9 days old and and got rear ended

Are you telling us that the War between the US and Canada has started again??? I do hope you realize that the lady behind you saw you as an Alien Invader and she was just doing her part in protecting us!!! ;) Oh, I should have asked, "Was the lady that hit you also from Canada? Could she have overheard your plan to invade the US?"

Seriously, tho, I feel your pain!

@03DSG

...His guess was that someone nearly rear ended him because of the Model 3's strong regen (with no brake lights activation).
This is false. All Teslas light the brake lights whenever the deacceleration is above a modest threshold. I guess someone could think the brake lights don't work because you can gradually slow down over a long period of time without lighting the brake lights if you feather the pedal. But if you just let off the pedal at speed the lights will go on.

This is false. All Teslas light the brake lights whenever the deacceleration is above a modest threshold. I guess someone could think the brake lights don't work because you can gradually slow down over a long period of time without lighting the brake lights if you feather the pedal. But if you just let off the pedal at speed the lights will go on.

You can see brake lights on the screen.

Hey Sandy,

Sorry to hear about that. Looks to be pretty minor at first glance but still, I can understand the frustration that this brings. Especially since it's so new.

@03DSG

Oh man, really sorry to hear that. I have a personal dread of that happening to me. A friend of mine with a Model 3 was left a note on his windshield in his work parking lot warning him that his brake lights were not functioning. His guess was that someone nearly rear ended him because of the Model 3's strong regen (with no brake lights activation).

I know that this wasn't your case. Just that your post brought that thought up for me.

Thanks! It is minor but, man, the car was only 9 days old. And it was perfect. No issues to clear up at all. Trim, gaps, fit and finish and function all perfect. Ha! The thing I was most happy about when we picked it up was the MC White back bumper paint was a perfect match to the car......oh well.......OPP guy I’m dealing with is great. Should have an occurrence report tonight. Fault is obvious and my insurer said zero cost to me or my policy. Heading down to the Smokey mountains on the Harley’s so I’ll deal with the adjuster when I get back. As long as it’s a new bumper cover I’m good. And the paint better match!

Reactions: Tony_YYZ