Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Better Routeplanner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I just started using your program. I took delivery of a new S75D with the new MCU (verified by teslamcu.xyz) last week and I am trying to figure out how to use your program in the car. It loads fine in the car's browser, seems snappy enough, and I can log in to my account but I don't think the car's location is being updated on the screen as the car moves. Is this normal? I have real-time navigation enabled. Am I doing something wrong or is the program not designed for real-time navigational use in the car?

Nice, congrats to the new car and MCU. If you do not log in to MyTesla in ABRP you will get position based on the browser, which in the old browser case is about every 20s or so. If you DO login with MyTesla then the position, SoC and much more gets updated every 4 seconds or so. With the new MCU, it may be worth making this eve faster.

If you still have issues, drop me a PM and we will work on fixing it.

I've used ABRP to desk-top plan long trips. I'm "amused" by the crazy routing the on-board route planning is in town (avoids clear roads, circles through neighborhoods). Always gets me there, but some pretzel logic in the displayed route. Are you saying ARBP can/should be used for non-charger planning?

Nice, congrats to the new car and MCU. If you do not log in to MyTesla in ABRP you will get position based on the browser, which in the old browser case is about every 20s or so. If you DO login with MyTesla then the position, SoC and much more gets updated every 4 seconds or so. With the new MCU, it may be worth making this eve faster.

If you still have issues, drop me a PM and we will work on fixing it.

Thank you so much. I did log into my Tesla account from your program. I found that once I reloaded the page in the car's browser the position updated on the screen and tracked me. I like the little popup window showing upcoming turns. Very cool. Thanks for sharing this neat little program!

I've used ABRP to desk-top plan long trips. I'm "amused" by the crazy routing the on-board route planning is in town (avoids clear roads, circles through neighborhoods). Always gets me there, but some pretzel logic in the displayed route. Are you saying ARBP can/should be used for non-charger planning?
Can; yes. With a faster car browser, maybe it is even usable, but I guess that with Teslas new navigation system (which is based on the same maps as ABRP) I do do not think it is preferable.

Since you have a usable fast browser, do tell if you find the navigation in ABRP usable or how to improve it.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Can; yes. With a faster car browser, maybe it is even usable, but I guess that with Teslas new navigation system (which is based on the same maps as ABRP) I do do not think it is preferable.

Since you have a usable fast browser, do tell if you find the navigation in ABRP usable or how to improve it.

Ah, sorry, you did not have the new MCU. Then we will have to wait for Elons promised UI speedups then and see if it helps :)

Hi there. I am having an issue with saved plans. When I recall the saved plan, it displays odd on the screen (only part of route in screenshot) and also when I click "Plan Route" it seems to hang (planning but never resolves - "Cancel" button won't cancel at this point).View attachment 289739
Sorry for a slow reply; I do not seem to be able to recreate this issue. If you are running Firefox or Chrome, could you try to open the "Developer console" and send me any errors you see there when this happens?

I just ran several "Local Routes" - and Tesla had not located Sabino bridge, but ABRP did, found some obscure named sites with out adding address, traveled down roads that Tesla avoided, and did them all with delightful speed of calculation.
It took a click or two more than "perfect", routing appeared after 10 sec, not 1 sec - but well within acceptable. {I'm using Mac 27" with Fox as browser}
If I can get anything like this on my Model S screen - wow!! I'll try just as soon as I get my 1018.10 (or 12?) update.

I just got a chance to test 2018.14 on an old MCU - WOW! Finally a modern browser experience, a loooot faster than before. ABRP works usably fast and finally the address autocomplete dropdowns work so that we can search fast.

Let me know of things that can be improved with this new browser!

Reactions: Falkirk
Just to let you know that I released a bunch of fixes for the new Tesla browser (which came/comes in 2018.12). The new browser is usably fast but unfortunately it has new interesting bugs to work around. I am aware of the lack of scrolling/dragging both in the map and in menus - don't really know how to work around that yet.

Try it out and let me know what you find!

Is there a way to add a waypoint by selecting it on the map? I’m trying to add a freeway exit that isn’t found by name. Using an iPad, and click and drag to change the route doesn’t work on a touchscreen.

Is there a way to add a waypoint by selecting it on the map? I’m trying to add a freeway exit that isn’t found by name. Using an iPad, and click and drag to change the route doesn’t work on a touchscreen.
If you can get the actual GPS coordinates (Lat & Long), from Google Maps or something like that, you can put those in as the waypoint.

Is ABRP going to face the same issues as TeslaWaze? Does ABRP use google maps?
Partially. ABRP has used OpenStreetMap and OSRM since 2.0 for routing since Google was way too expensive. Now more APIs will likely be too expensive, and I will have to switch. Likely that the visual maps stay Google, though, the traffic layer is quite important.

(Autocomplete in the address fields would cost me more than $1000 a month with the new Google pricing)