Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Better Theater No Longer Works?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not having any luck either, unfortunately which is unfortunate as it has worked so well for the past 2 to 3 years….back to when it was TeslaTheatre.com. I LITERALLY JUST used go about a week ago which would have been around November 7, 2022. I hope this is just some server glitch on behalf of whoever hosts the site and, while I’m at it, major props to the creator, “Tesla11, “I believe. … all of us to use your website are very grateful! As much as I truly enjoy my TESLA‘s, the inability to go full screen on the browser is something that should have always been possible; especially now with the last download on Halloween, I believe, that allowed us to go from full screen, to minimize the picture enough to get controls to the rest of the car, which was an absolutely fantastic feature albeit it was, IMHO, absolutely ridiculous. That feature had not been implemented either from the beginning or many, many years ago, as that is such a mundane feature that has been a part of windows and Mac iOS practically from the beginning. I have always found it. Frustrating that you could get into a show full screen, and then, if you had to change the speed of, say, your air conditioning, you had to literally stop the show, change your AC settings, then go back to your show! It was truly a hassle, and the only workaround was to use the app, but you could not, and shockingly, still cannot control what, setting as in speed do you want the blower on ! All you can do from the app is turn it on or off or one possible workaround is to use the dog mode to just blast the air, but I realize that TESLA has a lot of other important things on their plate, but I’ve always found it a bit absurd that many of the third-party apps, give you much, much more control than Tesla‘s old app, which has been exceedingly slow to add, absolutely basic features. I digress, though….

Back to the subject, unfortunately, I have looked around for another app that provides full screen access for the browser and two of the most prevalent ones listed are listed here in TMC and neither one of them work. In fact, one in titled TESLA man or something to that effect is an absolutely pathetic, shameless plug of some hack rider, trying to tell a comic book-ish story, but there is no functionality to the site as far as going full screen!! I’ve never understood people who promote something they’ve created, horrible as the aforementioned is, that would use such a medium to promote their work when somebody is genuinely looking for an alternative to a bettertheater.com. Idiot! Anyway, hopefully ABT will come back online but I noticed your post was in, I think, late October and it is nearly November 14 and apparently it is still not working so I don’t actually have the creators contact information but if somebody does, perhaps you could write to him and ask him what the issue is and post the answer here. There are several of us that would like to know if it is going to be up and running again, and if not, if there is a genuine alternative, preferably more than one, that she posed the name of that site.

VERY IMPORTANT!! —->> I would like to point out something noteworthy: these Youtubers, who think they’re doing a service by telling the world about ABT are, in fact, very likely doing a disservice. I don’t understand all of the legalities, but I suspect that, eventually, anytime TESLA finds out that users have figured out a way to circumvent the normal way of using things, even if it’s trying to watch the browser on half the screen, which is frustrating as you might, as will be watching it on your iPhone promax , that if anybody sees a YouTuber promoting another site that they contact them, and politely request that they pull their video because all you’re doing, in essence, is telling the higher-ups, hey, I found a way to circumvent the way you prefer things to work, please take it down. I know when I recently saw a YouTuber with a very large Fanbase, and they did a video on ABT as being one of the top 10 best features, coincidentally, about three weeks after I saw his video, which was a new post, magically a BT no longer works! I certainly will tell Annie YouTuber to keep quiet about this, but obviously, I cannot watch every single video in which it may be possibly mentioned, so this is something that needs the help of our great little community here on TMZ.

Well, thank you for your post about ABT not working, and I’m not sure why others have not bothered to comment, but I personally do appreciate your post and I hope others will get involved in this and figure out what’s going on. At the very least, please post your comments about what you’ve learned, and if ABT is going to work again, or if due to some ridiculous legalities - which is very much what I suspect is the “culprit”/problem WHY it’s NOT currently working - please let us know if there is an alternative website(S). Thank you Sincerely. Peace! ✌🏼✌🏼✌🏼😎😎

Note: please excuse any grammatical errors/typos, and my verbosity as I just spoke this text. Wow Google transcribed it and, wow, that feature has improved so much over the last several years, invariably, it always makes a small percentage of mistakes, and I don’t have time or desire to re-read this post.

It's just a website with bookmarks, guys. One uses a YouTube "hack" to go full screen (YouTube could remove the forwarding functionality from their site and then you'd be stuck on YouTube after going full screen), which it sounds like is still working for you. The rest forward you to other websites. If you're getting an error, it's about the service, the connection, or your browser. The error is not about abettertheater at all. If Tesla disables full screen with the browser, that's one thing, but there's not anything else for them to disable there, and they probably can't disable that since their "apps" probably all use the browser, too. Disney+ stopped working "built-in" or via abettertheater a few weeks ago. It stopped working the same way in both places at the same time, because Disney changed something on their end leaving the browser incompatible. A similar explanation likely applies to any other streaming service that has suddenly stopped working, and if several have, that probably means some security vulnerability has been discovered in some protocol or something, in which case a future update to the Teslas will likely fix it.

ETA: Don't get me wrong, kudos to the guy that set the site up and hosts it regardless, I'm just saying it's not broke and it's not really circumventing anything other than the fact that they don't have a full screen browser button in the GUI.