Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A/C controls V9.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone feel like the AC controls are now worse? Before I would have the air set:

auto circulate
auto fan control
A/C always on
and always blowing top.

But now it looks like they got rid of it and just have 1 AUTO set for everything. It seems to be a little bit confusing.

Reactions: Gt1948
Yes.
It is a bit confusing. I always liked leaving everything set to automatic except the fan speed which I prefer to do with scroll wheel.
But now one automatic button is for all settings. So I keep fiddling with things to get it doing what I want now.
Somehow just seemed easier before.
I’ll get used to it I guess but yeah I agree. Not my favorite part of the new V9

Also noticed the fan speed has been reduced for the temperature setting, it's insufficient and I now have to manually override the fan speed +2. Worked great before.

Did they only test v9 on Model 3s?

This is really my only issue with v9 - in my case, I preferred to turn off the AC in heat mode to avoid cycling back and forth between AC and heat in the winter, while still leaving everything else on automatic. I can still kind of do it, but have to turn it on auto, turn off AC, set the vents and recycliing manually and then set the scroll wheel to fan and click it to get the fan back to auto. A lot more steps than just hitting auto and turning AC off.

It would be ideal to be able to set auto and then turn off AC *or* heat as required.