Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A/C controls V9.0

bktiger86

Sep 3, 2016
West Covina, CA
Anyone feel like the AC controls are now worse? Before I would have the air set:

auto circulate
auto fan control
A/C always on
and always blowing top.

But now it looks like they got rid of it and just have 1 AUTO set for everything. It seems to be a little bit confusing.

Reactions: Gt1948

quickstrike12

Jun 13, 2018
Fort Worth Texas
Yes.
It is a bit confusing. I always liked leaving everything set to automatic except the fan speed which I prefer to do with scroll wheel.
But now one automatic button is for all settings. So I keep fiddling with things to get it doing what I want now.
Somehow just seemed easier before.
I’ll get used to it I guess but yeah I agree. Not my favorite part of the new V9

RayW

Joy Riding
Nov 9, 2016
Cypress
Also noticed the fan speed has been reduced for the temperature setting, it's insufficient and I now have to manually override the fan speed +2. Worked great before.

Did they only test v9 on Model 3s?

jdw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2015
Vancouver
This is really my only issue with v9 - in my case, I preferred to turn off the AC in heat mode to avoid cycling back and forth between AC and heat in the winter, while still leaving everything else on automatic. I can still kind of do it, but have to turn it on auto, turn off AC, set the vents and recycliing manually and then set the scroll wheel to fan and click it to get the fan back to auto. A lot more steps than just hitting auto and turning AC off.

It would be ideal to be able to set auto and then turn off AC *or* heat as required.

aesculus

Still Trying to Figure This All Out
May 31, 2015
Northern California
One of the biggest issues I see is that you cannot get access to the non front seat heaters unless you go through the AC controls. At least I could not find a path to them whereas before you had full and direct control.

Reactions: croman

croman

Nov 21, 2016
Chicago, IL
One of the biggest issues I see is that you cannot get access to the non front seat heaters unless you go through the AC controls. At least I could not find a path to them whereas before you had full and direct control.

Exactly they made the cold weather package that much harder to access. I don't want the HVAC tied to that.

Reactions: Gt1948

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC