Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Cabriolet, a Van and a Crossover/SUV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Gen 3 Designs

Hello :)

I was looking around at the gen 3 Threads and realised that nobody have seen this new designs before ??
Correct me if im wrong :)

Tesla-Cabrio-729x486-b33ca202de7219e3.jpg
Tesla-Model-X-729x486-ddb3715a1535c7a6.jpg
Tesla-Van-729x486-f6753bc3812f3498.jpg

I think the Van looks sweet :)
greetings :)

I've seen the yellow before I believe (or maybe a variant). Was this posted in an article somewhere recently?

Also, perhaps a better title is Gen 3 Renders or Concepts or Speculation. One might think these are real.

*edit* looks like they're from this article:

Tesla plant neue Elektro-Varianten - autobild.de

This is from last year, just after the October reveal. Looks like just artist renderings of what some of the additional offerings on the Model S platform could be. Don't think this has anything to do with Gen 3.

9594486079.png

I've seen the yellow before I believe (or maybe a variant). Was this posted in an article somewhere recently?

You are right i've found it in that article, its from oktober last year...

Therefore I was confused about that I didn't see these pics around here.

Even if its still skateboard design I think they could be simmilar to future tesla cars :)

The hood in those pictures takes up half the volume of the car. Horrible waste of space and really poor aerodynamics. The hood is bad enough of the Model S and makes it look like a car my father would have driven in the 1950s.

The hood in those pictures takes up half the volume of the car. Horrible waste of space and really poor aerodynamics. The hood is bad enough of the Model S and makes it look like a car my father would have driven in the 1950s.

I just made this comment in another thread but it applies here also. Tesla can't stretch, in this early stage, too far from what the public expects from a car. It's why they have the black faux grill on the front. If they make their designs ultra aerodynamic, like the Aptera, they will lose a large segment of their customers. Tesla is building a revolutionary electric car, but if doesn't look like what someone expects a luxury car to be... The creative Falcon doors are a stretch that might hinder the initial sales of the Model X. Sure those doors are revolutionary but you don't see as many reservations happening for it as the Model S. I think the X will take off more after the first cars hit the road and the public get to experience the Falcon doors more personally.

The creative Falcon doors are a stretch that might hinder the initial sales of the Model X. Sure those doors are revolutionary but you don't see as many reservations happening for it as the Model S. I think the X will take off more after the first cars hit the road and the public get to experience the Falcon doors more personally.

The doors are definitely weird (though in thinking about it, I'd rather have them than not), but I think reservations are advancing at about the same rate as the S did:

reservations.png

By my count in the Model X Tally thread, we're up to 1,233 reservations and we're here in the second quarter. Looks like the Model S was at about the same point around that time as well (though it could be argued with a higher profile at the moment, we should be moving quicker, but we also have to take into account the Model S is imminent while the X is still a ways off)