Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A comparison of the two Model S I've owned

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True. I thought I was actually after that early adopter tax. Well beyond all the Sigs. Just not far enough after.

Keep in mind that no other car (at least from the Roadster track record) holds its value so well. Also keep in mind the same car today is already priced at a minimum some $4000 more now (depending on config, and even more if you have a performance). And now knowing that Elon has directed to hold back no expense in building up world-class service. You should have confidence in knowing Tesla will take car of you and your car. They have more incentive.

I'm banking on these things in the years to come. At some point I'll trade in for a new 2.0 or later model. Also looking forward to the Model X.

Keep in mind that no other car (at least from the Roadster track record) holds its value so well. Also keep in mind the same car today is already priced at a minimum some $4000 more now (depending on config, and even more if you have a performance). And now knowing that Elon has directed to hold back no expense in building up world-class service. You should have confidence in knowing Tesla will take car of you and your car. They have more incentive.

I'm banking on these things in the years to come. At some point I'll trade in for a new 2.0 or later model. Also looking forward to the Model X.

I agree. Service with Tesla has been superb. When I brought my F10 M5 in for service, BMW didn't have a M5 for me as a loaner...no way! I look forward to the X as well. Deposit going in soon. :)

After selling my vin2530, I'm looking forward to a new MS later this week. I had been pleased with the relative lack of problems with being an early abopter, but anticipate better 'fit & finish' with the new car. Hope this is true. My wife keeps making comparisons with her BMW and she has been accurate that her German car's finish shows better attention to detail.

I agree. When I just bout the S85, I used the fast acceleration (pinning passenger to the seat!) to show off the car to my friends but I am also a safe and non-aggressive driver. I actually enjoy driving Tesla at slower speeds as it brings the best of the vehicle-soft, smooth-quiet and comfortable driving with the solid feel. However, when at one time, I had to accelerate fast to avoid a tailgating vehicle, it was effortless-no black "undigested" gas files, loud motor noise etc. Just a smooth whoosh!

Actually, that's a new P85 thing. My Sig P85 does not make that sound; however, the P85+ loaner I'm driving today does.

Makes you wonder if maybe Tesla deliberately added the sound?

I wondered about that when I test drove--but I personally like it, and made my decision that much easier (P85+ buyer most likely want that sporty feel and a little sound is a good thing).

I agree. Service with Tesla has been superb. When I brought my F10 M5 in for service, BMW didn't have a M5 for me as a loaner...no way! I look forward to the X as well. Deposit going in soon. :)

Imagine BMW following the same loaner principle as Tesla: if you bring In a 518d for service, you'd get an M5 loaner.

I bet they'd upsell a few on that (not necessarily to M5, but higher motorized versions).

Imagine BMW following the same loaner principle as Tesla: if you bring In a 518d for service, you'd get an M5 loaner.

I bet they'd upsell a few on that (not necessarily to M5, but higher motorized versions).

They sure would on that note. That's why I love how Tesla treats all Tesla owners (regardless of 60, 85, p85, +, etc.).