Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A "different" wind noise question!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I just bought a late model 2019 and it has the upgraded wind noise package. To avoid wasting your time with "another wind noise" question, I already ordered a door seal kit and one of those giant rubber bands that go around the front glass panel.

Despite what I ordered above, it sounds like most of the wind noise is coming from the top of the windows, more so on the passenger side. I did notice that the window seal is pushed up in at least one 3-4 in inch section that doesn't match the drivers side...perhaps it's defective, perhaps not. I also see a very clear gap on between weather seals on the front part of the glass roof where it meets the windshield. It looks like air could get in there easily.

Question: If I complain about wind noise, are there any existing Model 3 service-bulletins that I could utilize (or should be aware of)? Unfortunately, I think my build JUST missed the updated door/window seals. Or will they just tell me to take a hike...?

Thank you in advance for sharing your expertise!!

I’m not sure what you mean by the “upgraded wind noise package”, but I can tell you Tesla will be less than useless when it comes to correcting any wind or road noise related issues.

Your best bet is to tape off the affected areas and troubleshoot on your own.

I’m not sure what you mean by the “upgraded wind noise package”, but I can tell you Tesla will be less than useless when it comes to correcting any wind or road noise related issues.

Your best bet is to tape off the affected areas and troubleshoot on your own.

I'm teasing about the upgrade wind noise package...bad humor! Gosh, I hope a 50k plus car I wouldn't have to drive down the road with tape on the windows, haha.