Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A lot of bugs after 28k miles.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020 M3 SR+..Clicking noise through the speakers when turning on the radio, USB music, turn signals and for the alarm when you get off the road a little. And now, a P where the speed should be, while driving.
I downloaded the new update but haven't installed it yet. Suggestions?

Attachments

• 20200828_162423.jpg
    20200828_162423.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 85
I'm impressed that you got 28k miles in a 2020 car.

I had a bunch of clicking noise but it turns out to be bad door cards. I like to drive with my knee against the door handle and that would cause a lot of creeking/ticking noises. I was also able to mimick the noise a bit by just gently tapping my knee against the doorcard.

2020 M3 SR+..Clicking noise through the speakers when turning on the radio, USB music, turn signals and for the alarm when you get off the road a little. And now, a P where the speed should be, while driving.

The first thing would be to install the new update to fix any potential software issues?

Re-asses from there.

Try the 2 button on the steering wheel reset.

Fred

The classic recommendation here is going to be the "two button reset". Click and hold both button on the steering wheel until the screen goes dark. It'll reboot, takes a minute or so.

I've had the P-while-driving thing while the web browser was "too busy" when shifting. Almost like it misses the signal (that's probably exactly what it is) because the processor was too busy doing other things. Were you doing anything with the browser, YouTube, Netflix, games, etc. right before driving?

I am a Code Enforcement Official so I do a lot of driving for my job. I picked up the car on Dec. 7th 2019 with 2 miles on it and have over 28,500 now.

So... you're a... CEO technically? :p

• Funny
Reactions: cwerdna
I am a Code Enforcement Official so I do a lot of driving for my job. I picked up the car on Dec. 7th 2019 with 2 miles on it and have over 28,500 now.
So how much do you think you'll have saved in gas in your first year with the car? I feel like it's going to be some ridiculously high number. And do you get reimbursed federal rate? *evil grin* Sir, are you making out like a bandit with this car? BRAVO!

Yes, I get the federal rate.. I was driving my 2015 F150 Lariat with the 5.0 V8 at 140-150 miles per day which prompted me to buy a Tesla. I was dumping money into the gas tank. $2.20 per gallon, maybe 17 miles per gallon on a good day.

The classic recommendation here is going to be the "two button reset". Click and hold both button on the steering wheel until the screen goes dark. It'll reboot, takes a minute or so.

I've had the P-while-driving thing while the web browser was "too busy" when shifting. Almost like it misses the signal (that's probably exactly what it is) because the processor was too busy doing other things. Were you doing anything with the browser, YouTube, Netflix, games, etc. right before driving?

So... you're a... CEO technically? :p

I did the 2 button reset. Seems to be fine now. And yes, I'm a CEO.. hehe

Had you ever preformed the 2 button reset prior to this? I have far less miles on my 2020 Model 3 (5,700), but I've learned to always preform the re-set after a software update and whenever it does something weird. It fixes the random issues every time. Not unlike a smartphone.