Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A second Yuma Supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

stevezzzz

R;SigS;P85D;SigX;S90D;XP100D;3LR;YLR
Nov 13, 2009
Colorado
A friend of mine who visits the Marine Corp air station regularly tells me that there's a Supercharger station under construction just across from the main gate at MCAS Yuma. I've asked him for photos; does anyone else know anything about this?

If it's true, you have to wonder what special circumstances might have prompted Tesla to build a second SpC in Yuma; a fleet deal, perhaps? There is a Jack-in-the-Box in that spot, and many of the other AZ SpC's are located in Jack-in-the-Box parking lots.

Actually, the fast food restaurant in AZ you are thinking of is Carl’s Jr.

Doh!

My source now tells me that the construction is on the east side of the Chevron gas station and convenience store located just north of the J-i-t-B, but he took no photos.

I asked the Tesla Supercharger team what's up with this. They say they're not building a second Yuma Supercharger. So I wonder just what my friend saw that made him think it's a SpC?

Just spoke with a Tesla field rep who confirmed that a second Yuma site has been chosen and will start construction in a few months. He wouldn’t disclose location. (Met him at current Yuma site working on temp chargers)

Reactions: tbenitez12