Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A tale of Oatmeal, obsession and insomnia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember first seeing the Tesla roadster in 2008 and drooling over its lines and imagining a world where I could afford such a beautiful and exciting car. I remember the disgust and sadness I felt when my heroes from Top Gear disparaged it because of their small Neanderthal brains.

Many years later I happily and joyfully like many of the amazing people on this forum put down $1000 on a car I hadn’t even seen, because I believe in Tesla and its mission. Since that day I have been eating oatmeal at work to save the money I would have spent on eating out, to put down a 'healthy' deposit on my new model 3.

I haven’t been sleeping well since I placed my order last week and I have continued to hopelessly and obsessively read everything you fine people have posted.

So here I now sit, waiting patiently still, because hey I have been waiting nearly 10 years already for my dream to come true.

Thank you for helping me wait.

Welcome! :)

I also had sleep issues after placing my order - would wake up sometimes hours before my alarm would go off and couldn't get back to sleep. Can confirm that once you take delivery — barring any major issues — the wait and all accompanying anxiety and obsession honestly melts away into a warm, golden glow of euphoria. Hang in there!

Welcome! :)

I also had sleep issues after placing my order - would wake up sometimes hours before my alarm would go off and couldn't get back to sleep. Can confirm that once you take delivery — barring any major issues — the wait and all accompanying anxiety and obsession honestly melts away into a warm, golden glow of euphoria. Hang in there!
Same here... I haven’t had this feeling since I was like 7 years old when my mom told me she’d buy me a Nintendo NES.

Thank you all for your kind words. :)

During the moonlit hours I have been constructing a first playlist for my car. I decided that songs must contain the words, “lighting” and/or “electric”. My favourite song on that list so far is by Borns – lightning in a bottle. Some of those lyrics definitely pertain to how I feel or believe I will feel… any other suggestions are welcome.

...And then I switched the steering to Sport mode this weekend.

:eek::D

I put mine in "standard" steering once, for a couple of minutes. It felt really mushy. Went back to Sport mode immediately.

<...snip...> So here I now sit, waiting patiently still, because hey I have been waiting nearly 10 years already for my dream to come true.

Kudos for hanging in there!

Thank you all for your kind words. :)

During the moonlit hours I have been constructing a first playlist for my car. I decided that songs must contain the words, “lighting” and/or “electric”. My favourite song on that list so far is by Borns – lightning in a bottle. Some of those lyrics definitely pertain to how I feel or believe I will feel… any other suggestions are welcome.

lol just realized how fitting this song is for an EV

Oh no! That is not the perfect song. I have the perfect song here.....

This brings up great memories. For those that are not familiar with They Might Be Giants .....they are a quirkey alternative rock band that also has a “line” of educational young audience music. This line really focuses a lot on science and education. When my daughter was born in 2005, we latched on to their music and she absolutely loved it. If you have young kids, please go and download their kids music.....such as the Here Comes Science album. It really is SMART music and great for kids. My daughter used to sing Electric Car at the top of her lungs in the back seat driving to daycare and elementary school.....well before I had my first electric car (the roadster I bought last year). We enjoyed their music so much we even took her to see them live in concert at the North Carolina Museum of Art (NCMA) where they did the kids music in the afternoon and then had an adult concert that evening. Fun times!!

"Electric Car"
(feat. Robin Goldwasser)

Electric car
On roads so dark
To change the end
Rewrite the start
Electric car
So good, so far

Electric car
On verdant green
Invent a turn
Invent a dream