Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A trick for Leave Climate On? 2019.8.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DCGOO

Supporting Member
Nov 24, 2015
Indianapolis, IN
I just received 2019.8.2 (includes dog mode). I was on 2018.48.12 before. Is there a trick to Leave Climate On? It no longer works at all. The new menu is visible but grayed out. Only message showing "Battery must be above 20% to Leave Climate On." I'm at 65%. Also Climate fails to activate from the iPhone app. <grumble> I use that feature multiple times per day </grumble>.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I just received 2019.8.2 (includes dog mode). I was on 2018.48.12 before. Is there a trick to Leave Climate On? It no longer works at all. The new menu is visible but grayed out. Only message showing "Battery must be above 20% to Leave Climate On." I'm at 65%. Also Climate fails to activate from the iPhone app. <grumble> I use that feature multiple times per day </grumble>.
Sorry to report I haven't seen any solution to this problem, but I did see this problem mentioned over at reddit: Anyone else having this problem after 2019.5.15 f5def7e update? "To keep climate on, battery level must be greater than 20%"
OP here... BTW, my battery is well over 20% but the controls are greyed out so I can't turn it on
That was on a Model 3, so with your X having the same problem on a newer version, I'm now officially concerned about my next firmware update...

Reactions: 1375mlm
I have a July 2017 X 100D and just received 2019.8.2 yesterday. I was on 2018.50.6.
I just tested it and I can change the Leave Climate On to ON or DOG just fine at 65% SOC. The 20% msg still shows.
Also able to turn climate controls ON or OFF via the Android App.

• Informative
Reactions: croman

Well... This absolutely did not work for most of the day today. I rebooted multiple times, bounced my phone app, all to no avail. BUT, I just checked (4 hours later) and the problem is cleared. Works as expected. I did email ServiceNA opening a service ticket this morning, so I SUPPOSE somebody could have logged in and taken care of it. But I have had no reply from the help desk.

Go figure...

Well... This absolutely did not work for most of the day today. I rebooted multiple times, bounced my phone app, all to no avail. BUT, I just checked (4 hours later) and the problem is cleared. Works as expected. I did email ServiceNA opening a service ticket this morning, so I SUPPOSE somebody could have logged in and taken care of it. But I have had no reply from the help desk.

Go figure...

Nope. Inoperative again today. I have no idea what’s up. :confused:

I'm on 2019.5.15 and seeing the same issue. I swear I saw the option becoming available briefly after a fresh wake-up a couple of times. But then it quickly got disabled. Any new info on this?

It was very intermittent for me using 2019.8.2. It would work one day and gone the next. I recently got 19.8.3, and so far it seems to be reliably present.

This is another thread that makes me wonder if you need a few days AFTER an update has been applied for all the features to work. Between the enhanced audio button showing up a day later and I forgot what the other thread was about.... Starting to think i need to drive a day or two before I call the SC or report a bug..

Just updated to 2019.8.4 from 2018.50.6 and now have the same problem with the "Keep Climate On" selections being grayed out and when selecting "Climate" from the app I am getting a "Failed to turn on climate" error display from within the app. Rebooted CID several times with no change. I escalated to support.

Interesting that I just checked again and now the "Keep Climate On" function is no longer grayed out, works in dog mode and the app now enables "Climate" being turned on without any faults. I can see via my WiFi router that there were downloads going on to my Tesla during the day so I'm guessing that Tesla may have remoted in and changed some configuration settings as a result of my support escalation? Again, a pure guess. I'll also note that there was a 1.5GB download to my car prior to the 2019.8.4 update notification where a typical firmware update in the past has been in the 500-600MB range so not sure if there were also some other updates? Again, not sure.

This is another thread that makes me wonder if you need a few days AFTER an update has been applied for all the features to work. Between the enhanced audio button showing up a day later and I forgot what the other thread was about.... Starting to think i need to drive a day or two before I call the SC or report a bug..

Interesting that I just checked again and now the "Keep Climate On" function is no longer grayed out, works in dog mode and the app now enables "Climate" being turned on without any faults. I can see via my WiFi router that there were downloads going on to my Tesla during the day so I'm guessing that Tesla may have remoted in and changed some configuration settings as a result of my support escalation? Again, a pure guess. I'll also note that there was a 1.5GB download to my car prior to the 2019.8.4 update notification where a typical firmware update in the past has been in the 500-600MB range so not sure if there were also some other updates? Again, not sure.

and again.....

Interesting observation @SpudLime, I guess there is no Teslaquila before its time! Not sure if this feature self healed or Tesla remotely made a change as a result of my escalation. The good news is that the feature is still working correctly today. I'll also make another note that the larger than normal 1.5GB download I saw for the 2019.8.4 update might be for both the firmware update plus a map update that includes stop light positions for the new autosteer stop light warning. However, I can't get the stop light warning to trigger with autosteer on but I don't want to try too hard to make it happen :)

Reactions: SpudLime