TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ability to leave AC on when i get out of the car for short period

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by SigNC, Jun 26, 2018.

1. SigNC

SigNC Member

Seems like it would be nice to have the ability to flag the climate control to stay on when you get out of the car. Even a button that says to run for 15 minutes after you get out would be great. As is, if i want to have AC running when i'm running a short errand I have to get out, then open app an turn the AC back on. It would be great on days when you are parking for 10 minute run into the store and it's really hot outside.

Thoughts?

2. liuping

liuping Active Member

It's already a feature on the Model S/X. if it's not on the 3 yet, it probably will be in the next release or so.

3. dc81

dc81 Member

currently, if you turn on climate control via app, it'll stay on until battery hits 20%.

4. SigNC

SigNC Member

Right, which is what I do would just be nice to be able to do it without having to get the phone out when I know i want to leave it on before i get out of the car.

5. jsmay311

jsmay311 Member

This thread suggests a work-around not requiring the phone app: putting the car in neutral and applying the parking brake.

(And post #22 includes a photo of the Model S climate menu and its "Keep Climate On" button.)