Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About to send LA to Mammoth in the SR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm up in Mammoth every few weeks and just picked up my long range AWD. Can you please let us know how your trip went, where you charged, how long it took to charge, etc.? I'd like to be "prepared" when I go.

I've also given thought to trying camp mode up there once at Mammoth RV park. I got the NEMA 14-50 adapter... wonder if I'll need an extension cord and how well camping out would work in the snow. I know the RV park has a nice bathroom / shower / indoor jacuzzi area to hang out at. But I am debating if I want to be in my car all night or wait until April or May when the snow in town is gone and I can have an outdoor campfire and hang out on a beach chair reading a book in the evening.

Hello update:

Stopped at Mojave first. Charged to 160 and rn route to Lone Pine. Do not do what I am doing haha. Saying going to get to Lone Pine SC with 5% charge. I would highly advise getting well above 200 miles for a comfortable leg of this trip. I’m cruising 70 with no AC. Just my friend and I in car do a bit lighter.

Next stop Lone Pine SC. I’m going to fill up completely there because there is a steep incline pst bishop and that will drain a ton of battery.

LA -> Mojave -> Lone Pine -> Mammoth

Can’t complain with the view!

Attachments

• 2B8A83A5-C3EA-412A-9ABB-1FEEF741B9C5.jpeg
    2B8A83A5-C3EA-412A-9ABB-1FEEF741B9C5.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 125
I do have AWD, and I know the X will be fine in any amount of snow, even without snow tires, but that doesn't help if they have chain checkpoints on the 395 ... I'm going Tuesday through Saturday this coming week, so who knows what the weather will be. I ordered the chains.Hopefully I won't need them.

Reactions: incrediwoah