Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Abstract Ocean - Dash Ambient Lightjng

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone installed the dash ambient lighting kit from them

I don’t want to use a separate remote and would prefer it to be auto on / off

How is the color spectrum changed ?

Also I read somewhere that there is an inch gap at both ends - can someone confirm if that’s the case ?

Thanks

Also I read somewhere that there is an inch gap at both ends - can someone confirm if that’s the case ?

Thanks
I have this installed. There's actually a Youtube installation video on their channel, not sure why it's not it's not listed on their product page. The colors are changed via an app. It is auto on/off and there's an occupancy sensor included. There is about an inch gap on both ends but not a deal breaker. It matches the opening of the air vents.

Reactions: srican

Thanks
Installed yesterday. Very easy install maybe 30 minutes but most of that is figuring out how to push it into place , could probably do another now in 10 minutes.

Very happy with it. Can use an app on your phone or the wired button that stays in your glove compartment to change colors.
Has an "occupancy sensor piece" that also stays in your glove box to turn it on/off after you leave which works well - not as perfect as something hardwired to be auto on/off with the car but good enough for me.

App on my phone works well.

Everything else looks aftermarket ; the Abstract Ocean strip looks OEM to me. It may be too subtle for some compared to examples like above that light up more than just the strip on the dash but I only wanted a subtle add on.
The gap on the 2 sides does not bother me at all.
For me it is perfect and would recommend highly; 10 out of 10.

Thanks for the reply. Does it stay on for a min after you walk away from the car or does it turn off right away? I heard USB or the glove box plug will be ON whenever the car wakes up or takes time to sleep and is not an instant ON/OFF.
Is not an instant OFF. Comes ON immediately when you open the door.

It takes about 30 seconds to turn off after you shut the door ; but I imagine if the sensor hears loud noises when the car is not asleep it will turn ON the lights even if you are not nearby so there could be situations when it goes on when you didn't want it to. I just installed yesterday so have not come into those type of situations yet.

Has an occupancy sensor which I think detects sound and movement but I cannot say for certain exactly how the occupancy thing works.
They sell that piece separately
They include this is the kit so you don't need to buy the sensor ; without the sensor the lights would stay on for much longer ; I think whenever Sentry mode is on they would stay on.

Does not really concern me if the lights occasionally go on when I am not in the car as the battery drain is insignificant.
When it turns on it comes back on in whatever light setting you left it in last.

Reactions: el-guapin