Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Abstract Ocean Key Fob Holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
keyfob.jpg

It might be more reliable, but I also have my phone set up as a key, so it'd be hard to tell.

It's certainly more convenient for making the car beep so that you can find it. Likewise, for popping the frunk. For the trunk, it's cool that it opens and closes, but I can do that just fine by pressing the button.
You are a pretty smart guy, so I guess you know that the phone app will also do those things? :)

How do you use the fob to open the trunk? Also, does that feature still work with this cover on it?
Maybe you know most of this, but my fob (for an MX) has 5 buttons on it. Well, not actually buttons. Let's call them pressure sensitive areas. One in front, one in back, one on each side, and in the middle. I use it on the MX (don't own a Y) which opens the frunk, trunk, "chicken wing" doors, and lock / unlock (or open self presently doors before getting to the car). So far, all of the fob holders I have seen will allow pressing of all the buttons. I don't own a fob for the M3, so don't know what they are like. I use the phone.

Reactions: HeyEph
Maybe you know most of this, but my fob (for an MX) has 5 buttons on it. Well, not actually buttons. Let's call them pressure sensitive areas. One in front, one in back, one on each side, and in the middle. I use it on the MX (don't own a Y) which opens the frunk, trunk, "chicken wing" doors, and lock / unlock (or open self presently doors before getting to the car). So far, all of the fob holders I have seen will allow pressing of all the buttons. I don't own a fob for the M3, so don't know what they are like. I use the phone.
The M3/MY fob is similar. It has three pressure-sensitive areas: front, back, top. There's details in the MY manual.