Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC Blowing Warm From Day We Picked Up Our New Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There were serious issues with A/C in earlier threads with early production models, including mine, which took a lot of work to get fixed, not sure if it's all been worked out in newer vehicles but I would certainly hope so. So if they don't fix it the first time, stay on them at the service center. See this thread:

3rd A/C failure

Ok so to update as I haven't driven the Y in a few days because of the tropical storm that hit here. Drove it today. But, this time I looked on the app first. The cars temp was at 82 degrees. I turned on the AC via the app. Turned it to 74...the picture showed red at the ac vents (heat). Turned it down to 73...still heat and red diagram. Turned to 72 and it turned blue (cold air blowing). If my cars temp is at 82 while sitting and I put on the AC to 73 or 74 it should blow cold, not heat. Definitely a problem. Taking it in tomorrow morning. Any ideas on what could be the cause of this on a 1 week old model Y?

Okay..so here's what I have found out. After having the Y in for the ac to be checked twice, they say it's operating normal. When I set the temperature to 73 or 74, it's a mix of barley cool air and you can feel the heat also coming out of the vents. Why would heat come out at all at 73 degrees when it's 82 degrees outside? And, if I turn on the rear seat vents while t his is happening, ONLY cold air comes out the back vents. Which leads me to believe that the heat is kicking in on the front when it shouldn't be. What causes this? If i turn it down just 1 degree to 72, the issue goes away and ONLY cold air blows out the front vents. Need to figure out why HEAT is blowing out the front at 73 or higher.

Okay..so here's what I have found out. After having the Y in for the ac to be checked twice, they say it's operating normal. When I set the temperature to 73 or 74, it's a mix of barley cool air and you can feel the heat also coming out of the vents. Why would heat come out at all at 73 degrees when it's 82 degrees outside? And, if I turn on the rear seat vents while t his is happening, ONLY cold air comes out the back vents. Which leads me to believe that the heat is kicking in on the front when it shouldn't be. What causes this? If i turn it down just 1 degree to 72, the issue goes away and ONLY cold air blows out the front vents. Need to figure out why HEAT is blowing out the front at 73 or higher.
It is kind of crazy, but I guess if it operates ‘normally’ at 72, I’d just keep it there. Personally, I’d do 71 as I always set my climate control to an odd number, and radio volume to an even number...

Reactions: mark95476
Yeah, I adjust temp settings to be comfortable. There are a number of adjustments: temp, fan speed, air direction, and seat warmers. I think the OP is using the auto mode, though.

I leave mine at 70 even though is in the 50-60s now. I'm not using heat or seat warmers as I'd rather wear a long sleeve shirt or a jacket.

It is kind of crazy, but I guess if it operates ‘normally’ at 72, I’d just keep it there. Personally, I’d do 71 as I always set my climate control to an odd number, and radio volume to an even number...