TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

AC died - firmware blamed - new firmware 2/20

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by johnkelner, Feb 20, 2017.

1. johnkelner

johnkelner Member

Just a report...

S90D HW2 Deivered Dec 2016, 2500 miles, Left car in parking lot, back 30 mins and no AC. Called service (local). She identified 'chiller off' at her end, and had to re-start the car (not just power off at the car). Parked the car, POWERED OFF on control screen, exited. She pressed the magic restart button and AC works again.

I was advised new firmware will fix this known issue. Due out on 2/20. But fix works for 24 hours at least (according to her). She did not know if this was 17.5.36 coming or something new.

• Informative x 3
  2. Nosken

Nosken Member

OK---Now we will all be waiting for the updated notification!!
    Maybe they want it rolled out before the Quarterly/Yearly report? Just like the progress on the Model 3 pilot build?

3. apharris

apharris Member

Same thing happened to my 2016 S75 yesterday evening. This morning a/c is fine. Called Service Center anyway and they confirmed it is a firmware issue, one that they have known about since last summer. Their suggestions: (1) Pre-cool 10-15 minutes if car is sitting in sun (mine was in garage when it started); (2) Power off from controls on screen and restart; (3) Walk away form car far enough for it to lock, then wait 30 seconds and walk back and start; (4) Wait for firmware update - no estimate on when (again, they have known about it since last summer).

4. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

It's freezing here and you guys are talking about A/C? :)
    My S won't even leave the driveway today due to the snow/sleet/rain and iced up roads. At least this firmware should be fixed long before I even think about turning on the A/C :)

• Like x 1
  5. JohnFTL

JohnFTL Member

Apharris. Thanks. No further issues for me. But after this weekend - 89 degrees + here in S Fla