Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC died - firmware blamed - new firmware 2/20

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a report...

S90D HW2 Deivered Dec 2016, 2500 miles, Left car in parking lot, back 30 mins and no AC. Called service (local). She identified 'chiller off' at her end, and had to re-start the car (not just power off at the car). Parked the car, POWERED OFF on control screen, exited. She pressed the magic restart button and AC works again.

I was advised new firmware will fix this known issue. Due out on 2/20. But fix works for 24 hours at least (according to her). She did not know if this was 17.5.36 coming or something new.

Same thing happened to my 2016 S75 yesterday evening. This morning a/c is fine. Called Service Center anyway and they confirmed it is a firmware issue, one that they have known about since last summer. Their suggestions: (1) Pre-cool 10-15 minutes if car is sitting in sun (mine was in garage when it started); (2) Power off from controls on screen and restart; (3) Walk away form car far enough for it to lock, then wait 30 seconds and walk back and start; (4) Wait for firmware update - no estimate on when (again, they have known about it since last summer).