Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ac not blowing fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
So I've noticed for quite some time during the summer, the AC fan would blow at 11 and then after 30 minutes the fan would still sound like it was blowiing at max but the air would not come out of the front vents,..as if it was blowing at 3.

I had the unit replaced after bringing it in one year ago as they couldnt figure out the cause, (theywitnessed the air not blowing at the service center)

The problem is still occuring. But hey... After probing around I saw some threads that said that the evap sensor develops condensation which causes this problem and the fix is to just turn off the AC and the fan will start to blow again. I tried this and it worked great. After 20 seconds the air was blowing at max and everything seemed to reset.

Anyone else here check out this fix? is the internal evap sensor need replacement or really just ok and this is a design flaw? At least there's a solution

R

Last edited:
Hi
So I've noticed for quite some time during the summer, the AC fan would blow at 11 and then after 30 minutes the fan would still sound like it was blowiing at max but the air would not come out of the front vents,..as if it was blowing at 3.

I had the unit replaced after bringing it in one year ago as they couldnt figure out the cause, (theywitnessed the air not blowing at the service center)

The problem is still occuring. But hey... After probing around I saw some threads that said that the evap sensor develops condensation which causes this problem and the fix is to just turn off the AC and the fan will start to blow again. I tried this and it worked great. After 20 seconds the air was blowing at max and everything seemed to reset.

Anyone else here check out this fix? is the internal evap sensor need replacement or really just ok and this is a design flaw? At least there's a solution

R
Not uncommon for AC units. When the sensor gets iced over it is insulated. I have had to cycle A/C units (aka turn them off for a while and then back on) in cars and planes to get them to come back online when this happens. Usually happens when the user sets the temp very low, and the vehicle is hot from sitting. I guess people think it will cool down faster if they set the temps lower.

Last edited:
reportedly the evap temp sensors had a bad batch that were prone to being stuck. Once replaced - no more problems. Once I got my service center to replace the sensors - the problem never repeated and then my ranger said the problem was really common.

reportedly the evap temp sensors had a bad batch that were prone to being stuck. Once replaced - no more problems. Once I got my service center to replace the sensors - the problem never repeated and then my ranger said the problem was really common.
Have any idea where the evap temp sensor is on 2013 M S . Think im going to dig around on the passenger dash side