Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You’re ridiculous. You’re examples were all wrong. Which was pointed out.
You’re now resorting to attacking other areas, because you want to back out of an losing battle.
pathetic.

What battle? You or him have nothing to counter the multiple examples of 980 failures here or on the web. He wouldn't dare search cause he knows he's wrong. He dared me to post TSBs of any year and when I posted them, he moved the goal posts. He claims there are only 'few' instances, when a simple search would reveal many more. And he's refusing to even acknowledge that there are others.

Now, he's claiming he never said something I've shown proof he said. I deliberately posted about the speeding ticket to reveal his pattern of denial. And he fell into the trap. If I posted every instance of reported failures, it would not make a difference. He'd deny them and move the goal posts yet again.

I dared him to find one instance of a verifiable 990 failure, and he made some lame excuse as why they're almost impossible to find (I couldn't find any online either).

So, since you seem to be his cheerleader, explain the repeated inverter failures of the 980 and why we can hardly find any examples with the 990, a motor that's been out at least a year and have been in enough cars that at least a few failures should have shown themselves already.

Help him out.

What battle? You or him have nothing to counter the multiple examples of 980 failures here or on the web.

Thjere's nothing to counter.

A handfull of personal anecdotes from a car that's sold like 700,000 units is literally nothing

You've provided no actual useful data at all (again)

And when you sourced anything once someone actually READ it (which I guess you didn't other than to see to mentioned "drive unit" somewhere) it turned out to be your trying to use warnings from 2017 to discuss what even you admit is a many-versions-removed DU from 2020 you can produce no evidence at all of any unusual issues with.

He dared me to post TSBs of any year and when I posted them, he moved the goal posts.

Ah, now you're doing the Trump thing of accusing others of what you've been repeatedly caught doing yourself!

Stick with the classics, right?

Naah- what I actually did was read every link you posted explain to you (since clearly YOU didn't read em) what they ACTUALLY said and why none of them supported your actual original claim that there's any concern regarding 2020 Model 3 drive units.

(hell most of the ones you gave weren't even actual problems with 2017 drive units- just batch manufacturing errors)

He claims there are only 'few' instances, when a simple search would reveal many more

Really?

How many, specifically, out of ~700,000 cars sold?

Now, he's claiming he never said something I've shown proof he said. I deliberately posted about the speeding ticket to reveal his pattern of denial. And he fell into the trap.

The trap of having you confirm what I claimed I said, and you once again showing you didn't actually understand what you read?

SOME TRAP!

I dared him to find one instance of a verifiable 990 failure, and he made some lame excuse as why they're almost impossible to find (I couldn't find any online either).

No, actually, I repeated to you your own lame excuse

Specifically your own claim it can take years for these failures to become obvious- and the 990 hasn't even been in use that long.

Now by all means, if you admit YOUR OWN EXCUSE is nonsense, you can dismiss it's use here.

So is that what you're saying? Your own excuse was nonsense?

(I mean, everything else in your argument has been, so that'd be on brand at least....)[/QUOTE]

Reactions: M109Rider
q3t8XLq.jpg

It’s unfortunate, when someone associates being wrong with weakness, or insecurity, so much that they aren’t capable of admitting their argument is flawed or wrong.
Even when faced with a rational discussion to illustrate why they are wrong, which is what was just done on this thread.

At least we know which bucket to place you in for future threads. ;)

Congrats, It's addicting. Just wish I could use the power more often. Finally picked up a Dragy. Hopefully by Monday I could start playing around with it.
Pro tip: I have stuck the dragy to the exterior of my A-pillar for best satellite reception. Correlation does not equal causation, however my best runs have been recorded this way. The magnets inside the dragy box are more than capable to hold it to the A-pillar.

lol at all of us fools that bought a dragy. Use it for a couple of runs before purchasing boost, a few after the purchase to confirm we're faster. Maybe a few more runs once we switch tires/wheels. Then, absolutely useless. I have not used the damn thing since. Not dragy's fault considering theres not much we can do to these cars to improve speed.

Dragy is the real winner in this 100+ page thread

lol at all of us fools that bought a dragy. Use it for a couple of runs before purchasing boost, a few after the purchase to confirm we're faster. Maybe a few more runs once we switch tires/wheels. Then, absolutely useless. I have not used the damn thing since. Not dragy's fault considering theres not much we can do to these cars to improve speed.

However, Life is short. The more fun toys we can use along the way, are sooo worth it. :)

Then sell it. You can likely get >$100 for it on ebay.