Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessing car controls via web

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible to access the car interface via an internet browser? I work in an area where I can't use my phone and with varying times that I leave my office, would like to be able to access the car to get the HVAC where I want it before I leave...

It's hot as hell here in North Carolina during the summer (and humid), nothing worth than getting in an oven unnecessarily.

If you enable Cabin Overheat Protection with AC set to run the Tesla Model Y can maintain the cabin temperature below 105F. Then when you leave work, turn on the AC using the Tesla app just as you leave. If you have to walk across a large parking lot to get to your Model Y, if it takes 5 minutes, then the passenger cabin will be tolerable, well on its way to your desired temperature by the time you get to your ride.

Reactions: 101dals
Is it possible to access the car interface via an internet browser? I work in an area where I can't use my phone and with varying times that I leave my office, would like to be able to access the car to get the HVAC where I want it before I leave...

It's hot as hell here in North Carolina during the summer (and humid), nothing worth than getting in an oven unnecessarily.
There is a windows app in the APP Store called Tesla Control that allows you to make changes. You can also use TeslaFI through a web browser and set some controls. Of course you have to use their security setup and provide your tesla credentials or code.

If you have the tech skills and access to a computer where you can run it, you can access the Tesla API using a Python script... GitHub - tdorssers/TeslaPy: A Python module to use the Tesla Motors Owner API

If you have the tech skills and access to a computer where you can run it, you can access the Tesla API using a Python script... GitHub - tdorssers/TeslaPy: A Python module to use the Tesla Motors Owner API

This. I do this. Just pip install TeslaPy and stick this in notepad and save it on your desktop as a .py file- then all you have to do is double click it and you're good to go.

Code:
import teslapy
with teslapy.Tesla('INSERTEMAILADDRESSHERE') as tesla:
    tesla.fetch_token()
    vehicles = tesla.vehicle_list()
    vehicles[0].sync_wake_up()
    vehicles[0].command('CLIMATE_ON')
    print(vehicles[0].get_vehicle_data()['vehicle_state']['car_version'])

Reactions: Jimt29