Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accident and Repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Accident" means the incident happened unexpectedly and was not intentional or deliberately caused. It applies to this situation. People who rear-end someone because they are not paying proper attention are considered negligent in tort thus are at fault -- i.e. they shoulder the blame. People who ram someone deliberately take it out of the "accident" definition. That doesn't apply here.
Exactly. The OP describes an accident. Happy that no one was hurt and the damage is certainly repairable. Insurance will handle it. Life goes on...

damn that sucks, bro. especially since it's both ends that need repair. My car was rear ended at <10 mph and ended up being $45k in damage and in the shop for 7 months. i truly truly from the bottom of my heart hope yours is repaired super fast, or even better, totaled. II would push for total. Even though it doesn't "look" bad, the repairs may very well come out to be enough in cost to total. best of luck man, glad you're ok (physically at least).

damn that sucks, bro. especially since it's both ends that need repair. My car was rear ended at <10 mph and ended up being $45k in damage and in the shop for 7 months. i truly truly from the bottom of my heart hope yours is repaired super fast, or even better, totaled. II would push for total. Even though it doesn't "look" bad, the repairs may very well come out to be enough in cost to total. best of luck man, glad you're ok (physically at least).
Thanks so much. That car saved my life. Hoping for total an claim for accelerated depreciation

"Accident" means the incident happened unexpectedly and was not intentional or deliberately caused. It applies to this situation. People who rear-end someone because they are not paying proper attention are considered negligent in tort thus are at fault -- i.e. they shoulder the blame. People who ram someone deliberately take it out of the "accident" definition. That doesn't apply here.

Hot Fuzz (2007) - Quotes - IMDb

:D

Want to see if I can get her insurance to pay for a turo model X.

This is not the way the law in the USA works. They owe you a functional car that gets you from point A to B. You can argue that if you need 7 seats, it needs to hold 7. They do not owe you luxury or other things. Loss of use is only recoverable if the asset was directly used to make money.

There is no way you will get them to pay $2,000+ a week for a rental Model X.

This is not the way the law in the USA works. They owe you a functional car that gets you from point A to B. You can argue that if you need 7 seats, it needs to hold 7. They do not owe you luxury or other things. Loss of use is only recoverable if the asset was directly used to make money.

There is no way you will get them to pay $2,000+ a week for a rental Model X.
It is about $800 per week. I just don't want to have a rental gas guzzler like an expedition or tahoe like we usually get.

It is about $800 per week. I just don't want to have a rental gas guzzler like an expedition or tahoe like we usually get.

Unless you drive about 3,000 miles a week, the Tesla costs more than a $100 a week SUV plus gas. You can try and argue with the insurance company that they owe you some amount of money per mile for gas. They'll likely tell you that you were previously paying about 50 cents a mile in depreciation for driving a Tesla, plus the electricity cost, and the cost of an SUV's fuel is actually lower than that.

Fight the bigger fight of getting your Tesla repaired completely and right, not stuff like this.

Reactions: Yoonoo and Eclectic
Sorry to hear about the accident but I'm glad no one was hurt.

Agree with the logic, but still prefer the aviation lingo of calling it a "mishap," since at that point, it really doesn't matter whether it was intentional, negligent, accidental, etc.

Go ahead and get State Farm looking at it, as well as her insurance. I told my SF to hold off, expecting the other guy's Progressive to pay me. But they came in with a really low value (totaled). I had to get SF back on it and they eventually came through for me. But it took a long time.