Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

According to Tesla - Any Deliveires that Dont have a contract already are delayed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm stuck in contract hell also for my Friday delivery at Costa Mesa SoCal. My Credit union says that they need 48 hours to sort out the loan (even though I'm pre-approved), so its looking doubtful now that I can pick up my car on Friday (annoying since it was needed for a weekend get-away) :(

The sales team there have moved by delivery ahead a day, but still no contract. Unbelievable really that a company that can build these awesome cars can mess up like this.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get the contract, but I was wondering as a mitigation how quickly Tesla could authorize me for their own Finance (I'm financing about half the car)? Their rate is more, but my credit union has offered to honor my rate, and then take over the Tesla one...even offering to give me a $100 credit. Anyone know if Tesla can approve a loan in the click of the fingers? I guess I will have to call them tomorrow to find out.

So frustrating given that they also know my situation (noted on my file) and cant do much about it other than moving the day forward.

I'm stuck in contract hell also for my Friday delivery at Costa Mesa SoCal. My Credit union says that they need 48 hours to sort out the loan (even though I'm pre-approved), so its looking doubtful now that I can pick up my car on Friday (annoying since it was needed for a weekend get-away) :(

The sales team there have moved by delivery ahead a day, but still no contract. Unbelievable really that a company that can build these awesome cars can mess up like this.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get the contract, but I was wondering as a mitigation how quickly Tesla could authorize me for their own Finance (I'm financing about half the car)? Their rate is more, but my credit union has offered to honor my rate, and then take over the Tesla one...even offering to give me a $100 credit. Anyone know if Tesla can approve a loan in the click of the fingers? I guess I will have to call them tomorrow to find out.

So frustrating given that they also know my situation (noted on my file) and cant do much about it other than moving the day forward.

I wish I chose Costa Mesa for delivery :(. Marina del rey seems like they are backed up or something cause not a peep and I ordered 6/30 :(

Scheduled for deliver at Costa Mesa tomorrow. No contract or online payment option yet. Called the delivery center and they advised to just get a cashiers check (I’m paying cash) and to show up for the delivery appointment or pay via ACH at the time of delivery. Car is at the delivery center so fingers crossed.

just picked up from costa mesa.

no contract leading up to delivery. on advice of my credit union and costa mesa delivery center, i just showed up, signed the contract and my CU prepared loan docs. Once i signed electronically my CU sent me an image of the check and tracking no and that was enough to release the car.

it took about 45 mins total which probably gave tesla some stress because they’re trying to do 15 minutes but they didn’t rush me and they were really professional.

i used usc credit union and they were awesome as well. my rep was the one who suggested the sequencing of events and he generated stuff quickly.

update: my appointment was for 7/26 @ 11:15 and i just got he contract in my email at 2:15. hilarious but not. based on my experience, i’d definitely recommend:

- a lender that can generate the loan docs quickly (mine did it in 10 mins and that included sending the check over email)

- calling the DC in advance to make arrangements. i guess they had access to the contract before it was sent to me and they were confident enough to tell me to come in without it.

Last edited:
just picked up from costa mesa.

i used usc credit union and they were awesome as well. my rep was the one who suggested the sequencing of events and he generated stuff quickly.
I'm picking my car up next week from Costa Mesa as well, what's your rate from USCCU?
I work in downtowm LA, guess i'm eligible to join USCCU as well based on:
"Any and all persons, who live, regularly work, currently attend school or currently worship in the City of Los Angeles, California, as well as any and all businesses, corporations, and other legal entities in the City of Los Angeles, California."

the usc rate is 2.99. it’s 3.25 and then a discount for auto payment.

southward credit union was offering 2.74 but a maximum of $42k. because the car is new to the market and they can’t predict how it will depreciate, they cap the amount they are willing to fund.

bank of america was 3.75.

hope that helps.

I'm picking my car up next week from Costa Mesa as well, what's your rate from USCCU?
I work in downtowm LA, guess i'm eligible to join USCCU as well based on:
"Any and all persons, who live, regularly work, currently attend school or currently worship in the City of Los Angeles, California, as well as any and all businesses, corporations, and other legal entities in the City of Los Angeles, California."

I am just sitting here waiting for the MVPA to send to my credit union for them to send the funds.. Not sure how Tesla is on the turnaround for those. Hoping it'll be quick but I am not holding my breath.

Worried I will be in the same boat on Tuesday.

For those who have went through it all, is the estimated amount due the actual due? In Missouri we pay taxes to the dmv seperately, so the only thing I can think of that is missing is Title and License.

I'm 14 hours out from delivery but I still don't have my Pro Forma MVPA or final MVPA. Around 5:30pm EDT they updated my information and I had to reconfirm the purchase method including financing. This is cutting it close and I'm starting to get nervous I won't be able to take delivery tomorrow.

Complete mess of financing and contract crew checking in.

My current working theory is either I don’t get the car today, or, they take the money I have at signing and then they have a contract which says I owe them financing on the rest or else.

I assume they want the car off their lot about as badly as I do, so, fingers crossed I drive away in my own car tomorrow...

update for everyone in this state:

I called the service center I'm taking delivery from yesterday. They weren't able to get me the final MVPA but they were able to send me a pro-forma version of it that they said my bank "might" take (they sounded skeptical, having worked with my specific bank before)

I called my bank this morning and they accepted the document, I'm on hold now to actually close out the loan. From there all I need is a digital copy of the check and a tracking number (per other posts in this thread) and I believe I will actually be driving a Tesla this afternoon.

...Assuming, of course, it doesn't look like, well, like it was built in a tent at the end of June... but fingers crossed. :)

I've had my car for 4 days now without a contract. Can't go to DMV without it. Looks good in my driveway though.:confused: Home delivered. Personal check cleared my bank on Wednesday, but on Tesla's end check hasn't been received yet.

Update: I now have the “pay for your Tesla online” type screen where I can pay online and the MVPA with final details including VIN.

Timeline:
ISA Call/Email: 07/29 - VIN immediately available and emailed.
Contract Available: 07/31
Delivery: 08/02

Looks like they are getting ahead of it again now.

5626F8F5-06E0-4A7E-99D4-2E5FB16D325A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: SD_Engnr
What is the current timeline for contract being available?

My delivery is Wednesday of next week. Tesla can't tell me what my down payment or monthly payments will be until my contract is available apparently. Therefore I can't arrange to have the funds in my account and waiting.
I am out of town from Friday - Tuesday, meaning I will have less than 24 hours to arrange the down payment once the amount is known.
They also haven't asked for any details on where payments will be taken from yet.

This has to be the strangest car buying experience I have ever had!