Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ACH vs. Check for Payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery is scheduled for this weekend and I’m financing through a third party, who’ll be depositing the funds to my bank account.

Based on the information on my account and Tesla’s self-arranged financing instructions, I can pay for the car via ACH/wire or check. Some have had success with a personal check but a cashier’s a check is an option as well.

I’m picking up at my delivery center so I’m planning on inspecting the car first. From what I read it appears I can pay either way after inspecting the car.

My question: which would be the better payment method? I’m thinking the check could get lost so I don’t want to risk that, but is there any other reason not to go with ACH/wire?

My delivery is scheduled for this weekend and I’m financing through a third party, who’ll be depositing the funds to my bank account.

Based on the information on my account and Tesla’s self-arranged financing instructions, I can pay for the car via ACH/wire or check. Some have had success with a personal check but a cashier’s a check is an option as well.

I’m picking up at my delivery center so I’m planning on inspecting the car first. From what I read it appears I can pay either way after inspecting the car.

My question: which would be the better payment method? I’m thinking the check could get lost so I don’t want to risk that, but is there any other reason not to go with ACH/wire?

I was worried also about the check getting lost or misplaced as a few others had experienced. I did ACH and plan to inspect prior to signing off on the paperwork tomorrow morning. I printed out the Tesla confirmation to take with me and also proof from my bank ledger that shows funds were deducted to Tesla just in case it is needed.