TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Adam Carolla's and the Model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by kirkbauer, Sep 6, 2015.

1. kirkbauer

kirkbauer Member

May 31, 2015
    Atlanta, GA
    I know he has mentioned it before, but he talked about the Consumer Reports article on his podcast last week. Overall he is positive about the car but since he races he prefers real race cars. His wife has one, sounds like the 60 or 70. He wondered why she bothered to plug it in each day since she doesn't need much range every day, however I think if he drove it much he'd understand "why not". They also discussed that 500 chargers nationwide wouldn't be enough but they don't understand the purpose of the supercharger network is for distance travel.
  2. Rafik

Rafik Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    Tesla claims that the car should ideally be plugged in when not in use to maximize the life of the battery pack. According to them, the more it's plugged in, the better.
  3. Troy

Troy Member

Aug 24, 2015
    #3 Troy, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    There is a Model S video on youtube from 2013 with Adam Carolla. At 2:57 the lady from Tesla explains nicely how charging works. I guess he was't paying attention.