Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Add Wall Connector to Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine failed trying to update at first at then worked the second time.

Try setting your phone to stop auto connecting to your house wifi until the setup is complete. Sometimes the phone will jump back over to your house wifi when the app is waiting for a response from the WC wifi.

Reactions: ucmndd
Pleas note that that wall connector works off 2.4Gz Wifi band. I didn’t have any issues because I have a dedicated 2.4Gz wifi band for all internet enabled devices. From I have heard that if you have same SSID for 2.4Gz wifi and 5Gz wifi then people face issues. I just followed the steps in the app and got connected in no time couple weeks ago.

I had same issue with Traeger Grill that’s wifi enabled, it will only work on dedicated SSID that only has 2.4Gz network

Mine failed trying to update at first at then worked the second time.

Try setting your phone to stop auto connecting to your house wifi until the setup is complete. Sometimes the phone will jump back over to your house wifi when the app is waiting for a response from the WC wifi.
I’m a bit confused. What’s the benefit of this? I have the wall charger and I can see it when my car is charging and set charge level etc. I see the option to “add” it now but what does that change from what functionality I already have?

I’m a bit confused. What’s the benefit of this? I have the wall charger and I can see it when my car is charging and set charge level etc. I see the option to “add” it now but what does that change from what functionality I already have?
It does not look like it adds a lot. Here is a link to the UK version of this feature.

Maybe someone with the U.S. version can post a screen shot or two?

Reactions: NJEV-Don

Attachments

• IMG_1729.png
    IMG_1729.png
    745.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1730.png
    IMG_1730.png
    336.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1731.png
    IMG_1731.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1732.png
    IMG_1732.png
    577.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1733.png
    IMG_1733.png
    613.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1734.png
    IMG_1734.png
    95 KB · Views: 94
  • Informative
Reactions: NJEV-Don and ATPMSD
I feel it’s a first step for being a functional home charging page. Now we can ask for Intel to be added. Here is my quick list:

-Alias relabel each wall connector
-Utility hourly charge cost we can enter
-Live current draw info
-Session detailed info, start and stop times, avg and max rate of charge, calc cost of charge
-monthly charge totals and cost

I’ll think of more

Reactions: NJEV-Don
I updated my Tesla App to 4.25.0 and was then able to add the wall connector. During the addition, the WC firmware was also updated. You will need the WC card with the QR Code, and then you will need to be near your WC when you do this as it connects to the WC.

I added the wall connector to my app and it shows up in “My Home”. It has tabs like ”Settings“, “Support” and “Charge History”. I charged last night and the “Charge History“ tab is blank. Any ideas why? Other than that it seems to do what it said it would. I even set a charging schedule. But it duplicates the one in the “Car“ section of the app. Could that be causing the issue with ”Charging History somehow?

But it duplicates the one in the “Car“ section of the app.

I suggest you avoid this. The settings in the connector are best used to define the acceptable charging window, if you do not have a TOU plan it serves no purpose. Assuming you set a timeframe in the connector, I suggest the only thing you would need to do in the car is set preconditioning when desired, and maybe scheduled departure on those days you want 100% SOC before you head out.

As to charge history, I would give it a day.