Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Added convex side mirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the Suma mirrors (clear, not blue) a couple months ago, they worked fine minus the dimming of course.

Then a few weeks ago was able to source some proper European Tesla mirrors from a parts seller in Latvia.

Keep an eye on eBay for part numbers:
LH: 925-2455-001
RH: 925-2456-001

They're great. Perfect. Heated and dimming. The way the car should have come. Ran me about $260 or $280 I think.

I'm surprised at how little mirror housing i see in the left side of the reflection (the yellow squiggly area in the pic above) even with the mirror all the way out. I do wish the mirrors could still adjust further out, though, because I see a little of the car in the inner edge, and you'll also see headlights behind you as a result -- but, much better on the OEM mirrors that have dimming than with the Sumas.

Pictures of them installed would be great, thank you for sharing!
Here was my simple solution
https://TinkerTry.com/tesla-model-3-known-good-accessories#side-view-mirrors
which gives me just the angle I wanted and nothing to adjust after pressure washing.

Admittedly, they're not exactly the aesthetics I'd prefer.

Gladly, my 2018 Model 3 has heated and auto-dimming side view mirrors, actually both of our Model 3s do. See also my list of the cost-cutting changes for all Model 3s, and other differences noted in trim levels, in my detailed article:
Design and specification changes between Tesla Model 3 2018 and 2020 model years and between LR AWD and SR+ models

Last edited: