Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Added second Model 3 to family, 3SR stupid cheap.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Negative ghostrider... Clean Fuel Reward Program

It's $1k for purchases in 2019. No charger install required.

I think you are each talking about different rebates.

Edison will pay you $1,000 when you purchase an EV and sign up for a TOU plan. This rebates increased from $450 to $1,000 as of 1/1/2019.

Edison will also pay you $500 toward the cost of permitting and installing a Level 2 charging station. This covers the labor to install the actual outlet.

I also received a rebate of $450 from the South Coast AQMD toward the purchase of a Tesla Wall Connector, but this is specific to certain counties within California, not the entire state.

Just be careful that you aren't "learning" incorrect information.

Tesla has only ever "charge limited" the packs that they software limit. (i.e. 100% on an SR is actually only charging the battery pack to 90%.)
Well that's what I meant to say. He could charge his battery to 100% which gives him 220 miles. But in reality the pack is only being charged 90%

I think you are each talking about different rebates.

Edison will pay you $1,000 when you purchase an EV and sign up for a TOU plan. This rebates increased from $450 to $1,000 as of 1/1/2019.

Edison will also pay you $500 toward the cost of permitting and installing a Level 2 charging station. This covers the labor to install the actual outlet.

I also received a rebate of $450 from the South Coast AQMD toward the purchase of a Tesla Wall Connector, but this is specific to certain counties within California, not the entire state.

Yes. Utility rebates vary. You don’t pay EV sales tax in NJ. No sales tax in Oregon. Extra EV tax in some states I heard?

Lots of factors in final price hence I gave an estimate of 200-350 per month if car can be sold for 25K in 2 years. Don’t think anyone can find a better lease deal than that.

Just be careful that you aren't "learning" incorrect information.

Tesla has only ever "charge limited" the packs that they software limit. (i.e. 100% on an SR is actually only charging the battery pack to 90%.)
If it were charge limited I would think a lot of people would run into balancing issues since you could never charge your battery over 90% even if you ran it up to 100%.
Are you 100% sure of this?

If it were charge limited I would think a lot of people would run into balancing issues since you could never charge your battery over 90% even if you ran it up to 100%.
Are you 100% sure of this?

I don't know for the Model 3 for sure, but for the S&X yes they have always charge limited it. @wk057 says that the BMS is advanced a lot and can now balance the pack at just about any SoC. (Before it started balancing at ~93%.)

Negative ghostrider... Clean Fuel Reward Program

It's $1k for purchases in 2019. No charger install required.

@gaM3changer

I didn't see the change for 2019....That kind of stinks. I bought my M3 on 9/30/2018 and lose $550!

How much can I earn through the Clean Fuel Rebate?
SCE’s Clean Fuel Rebate amount is $450 for vehicles purchased or leased prior to 1/1/2019 and $1,000 for vehicles purchased or leased on 1/1/2019 or later. Future rebate amounts may increase or decrease and are subject to change at any time.