Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Added Wheel Spacers to my LR AWD - Looks WAY Better!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny enough, wheel spacers have been a top seller for us. We've been sold out of popular sized spacers for weeks now, so there's really no need for me to promote anything.

I was just more curious on how someone who has no proof or experience using wheel spacers can have such strong conviction about them prematurely wearing the wheel bearings.

Guess what else will "prematurely" wear out parts on your car? Driving it hard...
Based off of your profile picture and list of mods in your signature, I can't imagine you're just using your Model 3 for daily commute & driving the speed limit.

Everything is a trade-off. Wheel spacers weren't invented yesterday, they've been around. You'd think by now there would be a large enough sample size to pinpoint the fault of using wheel spacers if there were any.

No need for further discussion on this.

Danny
Why is there no need for further discussion?

Because you are a paid promoter here?

That’s not fitting with the general direction of these forums.

Wouldn't that mean that changing out the OEM wheels for ones with an offset would do the same thing? Seems like a lot of people on this forum put aftermarket wheels on their Model 3s that are flush with the fenders.
Yep, same thing. Moving the wheel's center is moving the wheel's center, whether you do it with spacers or with the shape of the wheel itself.

Whether it makes a measurable difference in wheel bearing lifespan, I have no idea.
But It's not something I'd lose any sleep over.
If the bearings get noisy, replace them.
You saved a bunch of money by not having to do oil changes, gotta spend it somehow. :)

Anybody run the 25MM spacers in the rear and run into rubbing?

I have 25mm rear and no problems (mine is stock height)

Pics? I’m looking to run 20mm all around but would 25 poke? I have both 18” stock and 19” stock for summers.
Here is visual of 20/25mm on stock height w/ 18" Aeros.

1648231691037.jpeg

1648231643833.png

Thanks,
Danny