Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjusting Door Handle Depth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All 4 of my door handles are slightly sunken in. Will this require taking all the door handles out to adjust, or can you reach the depth adjustment screw while they're still in the door panel?
It is the same on my 2021 LR+. I tried to get the service center to adjust them and they said it was normal for Model S. I'm hoping the Plaid is more flush.

They can be adjusted but it requires removing the door card and some effort to do it so you can imagine why they would be reluctant to invest that much time into correcting what is something insignificant enough that most people don't even notice.

The handles are only recessed a few mm, but it still bothers me. Looks like I'll have to spend some time on my own trying to make them flush. I was hoping it could just reach the adjustment screw after simply removing the panel, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

you take the inside door panel off and feel around for the large torx screw and turn that either direction to increase or decrease the depth of the handle. If you look on YouTube for how the handle is built or doing a handle repair you can better see the screw I'm referring to but its doable just annoying to do.