Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Advanced" apparently does two things

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got another two for you.....

1. True
2. Dat

It’s a Placebo.....I’m an early adopter....full bore.....and there are local SR folks who just got their cars who are getting 2019.20.1 and I’m on an early v16. Even got the so called “Early Release” email from Elon, I just laughed.

Ski

So, how long have you had the feature? If less than a minute month, then how do you know that it doesn’t work?
I've had it since 16.x like everyone else. I purchased FSD before March 2019. I enabled "Advanced" the instant I could. Evidence it doesn't work:

1. Several non-FSD purchasers have received it and posted here (shows that the email that went out stating FSD purchasers would get priority is not true)
  2. People who have identical models in the same state - some got it; some still didn't (shows "vehicle config" and/or geographic region is also BS)
  3. People who have had their cars a year now haven't been updated while some who got theirs in the last week or two have been updated.

The switch may eventually do something, but there is zero evidence that anything is different for the 16.x people who selected "Advanced" does anything at the moment. I assume that the vast majority of TeslaFi members would have Advanced selected. In that case, you would expect that the day 20.1 was released the majority of TeslaFi Model 3s would be updated. But it's not even close to that. 20.1 has been a very slow rollout.