Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who uses an alternative to Rennstand jack stands for rotating tires and other work on their Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a good relationship with the service manager at the tire shop so I could probably get it done without damaging the vehicle at that location but I don’t know how happy they’d be about it. It would slow their workflow down where he’d have to train each employee that is working on it how to avoid damaging the battery every time I come in.

Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of good reasons for DIY. Cost of equipment (if you do not already have it) generally tilts to paying a shop, but distance to get the work done is of course important, and some people just like DIY even if it costs more! As to having to train people at a shop, as long as you have the lifting pucks (which you should even for DIY), then there is really nothing special about rotating tires on a Tesla. Just use the pucks!

Invest in a QuickJack system. I purchased my setup 3 years ago at HomeDepot with their 18 month 0% financing. I've used it on both of my cars a dozen times each for various fluid maintenance, brake job and suspension work. Saved me expensive trips to the dealership. Paid for itself already in my opinion.
Is there a single QuickJack system that will work for a Model S/X, 3/Y and a Mazda Miata?