Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advanced displays - Motor RPM, temperatures, voltage etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys!

I come from a world of using numbers a lot and tuning and tweaking cars with stand alone fuel management setups. I love data and I love the engineering behind tesla.

I want to know if it's possible for my Model S to have a submenu maybe accessible by service tech's only, where I can view things like:
Coolant temperatures
Battery temperatures
Motor RPM
Drive Battery Voltage
Amperage out
KW output (insant)
12v battery voltage

Etc etc

Anyone know if this is possible or if it's all kept secret and under wraps?

Hey guys!

I come from a world of using numbers a lot and tuning and tweaking cars with stand alone fuel management setups. I love data and I love the engineering behind tesla.

I want to know if it's possible for my Model S to have a submenu maybe accessible by service tech's only, where I can view things like:
Coolant temperatures
Battery temperatures
Motor RPM
Drive Battery Voltage
Amperage out
KW output (insant)
12v battery voltage

Etc etc

Anyone know if this is possible or if it's all kept secret and under wraps?

Yes there is a menu. No you won't access it easily.

Use something like TM-Spy to gather the data you're after.

2017-06-30 21.36.27.png
Looking for this one? You need root access or you can kindly ask a Tesla tech guy to leave this window after a service visit.

The recent P100D cars have a special menu as part of Ludicrous+ which shows some more detailed information as can be seen here. Otherwise, I second TM-Spy to read the values directly off the CAN bus.
View attachment 235976 Looking for this one? You need root access or you can kindly ask a Tesla tech guy to leave this window after a service visit.
Or if you have root access you can have all kinds of cool stats displayed it seems.....

Almost want to get another salvage or otherwise out of warranty one just to play with root...