Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice for renting out my Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm doing a novated lease on a Model 3 and will be out of the country for over a month later this year. I was thinking of renting it out while I'm away, preferably to a colleague or other known quantity for the full period, instead of trusting randos on Turo/Uber Carshare.

Any recommendations for how to best do this and any traps to beware of? As far as I can tell both the novated lease terms (Autopia) and my comprehensive insurance (AAMI) allow this, but I'm still concerned about liability for accidents etc. I see Evee mentioned in quite a few earlier threads, but while I appreciate the EV-only focus, it still seems very much geared towards daily rentals.

What cafz said above plus proof and agreement that they have possesion for traffic infringements, and indemnifying you against the cost of them. You should take a photo of their licence front and back.
You will need to somehow manage or arrange for any infringements to be transferred to the person renting before the due date which may be before you return.