Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on buying Non Tesla items and thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone seems to be buying floor mats for their Tesla Y’s. Are they really necessary?
imho necessary is very subjective - some will swear mats are essential. I really wanted rubber (or rubber-like) ones, ordered and received them before taking delivery (of course), and put them in as soon as I got home.
I prefer not to see how the included mats would handle the dirt and mud I sometimes track in. But I'm sure many people get by with those, or maybe even no mats at all.

As a data point, I bought the lowest end Model 3 you can, and it did not come with any mats at all. I wasn't planning to buy mats, because I rarely get into muddy or dirty situations. However, the carpet they use was not particularly durable, and the heel of my accelerator foot was grinding up the carpet there and would clearly be a problem long term.

After looking around, I bought the Tesla "rugged textile mats" because I liked the look better than anything else. So far, much more durable also.

Of course. Foot mats are one of Tesla's essential accessories. The built-in floor mats of Model Y is made of flocked material, which is easy to get dirty and difficult to clean. You can replace them with 3D Tesla floor mats that are not easily dirty and very easy to clean, or eco-friendly TPE Tesla floor mats.
Everyone seems to be buying floor mats for their Tesla Y’s. Are they really necessary?

Reactions: MossDaddy