Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on Changing Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So down the road if I were to change to a T Sportline 20" wheel, How would I program the Y to know I changed wheel size. I currently have the 21 Ubers. I have seen some photos of a reset TPMS screen but it only offered the choice of 19 or 21.

I am having this issue right now. The current software 2020.5.10.8 still does not have the Wheel Configuration or TPMS Learn function.

Apparently, if you use/transfer your current TPMS sensors - the Y still reads them.

20200418_144047.jpg

I just replaced the 21s Überturbines with 20s - same diameter tires (255/40/20) - so the speedo reading should be same as stock.

I doubt that the Y actually senses the tire size, but relies more on to input via the Wheel Config (missing function as of yet) to predict range.

• Informative
Reactions: LasVegas2019
I just replaced the 21s Überturbines with 20s - same diameter tires (255/40/20) - so the speedo reading should be same as stock.

I doubt that the Y actually senses the tire size, but relies more on to input via the Wheel Config (missing function as of yet) to predict range.
And what make its more confusing is with the 21" Uberturbine the front and rear tires are different sizes! So do you have to do the same with after market and put 255 in front and 275 in back?