Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can MYP match MYLR range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Just registered for this site and have almost same questions.

Have 2022 MYP and recently swapped out my 21” wheels to 18” aftermarket from T Sportline. They clear the brakes and everything so far so good. Main reason to get more range, more comfortable ride, and also have a squared set up so I can rotate the tires.

I noticed the configurator to select different wheels on my car doesn’t go down to 18” the lowest is 19.” Went to a Tesla service center today to ask and the guy just told me to keep it at 19”. Upon reading comments am I okay or should I be doing something else? Link below, would appreciate any feedback to check if I screwed up and should’ve gone with the 19”?

T Sportline Model Y Wheels & Tires
You are okay.

Doesn't the car allow you to configure your tire size, etc so it can automatically adjust speedometer, range estimates, etc?

I just had 18 inch wheels installed on my Y performance. I updated the configuration in the car from 21 to 19. The car has to reboot to do that. The range displayed by the car did not change. Not sure why not. The range on Tesla's website changes when you configure your car with different wheels. In the end I'm not concerned what the car says. I know the smaller rims reduce energy consumption and thus lead to more range in real life.